Catapult

Hi from another newly banded Adelaidean

Hi,

I was banded on 13/4/11. My highest weight was 129.7 kg and I am on day 25 and have lost 12.5 kg including pre-op Optifast. I am happy to announce that is over 20% of the weight I want to lose!

I had 3 weeks off work and was lucky enough not to have any gas pains. But I do have reflux now.

Cat.

Hi Cat, well done on such a FANTASTIC start to your WL journey. 20% there... that is wonderful. Keep it up, you can do this!

Sarah

Hi Cat,

Congrats! Im in Adelaide too. Where did you have yours down. Great job so far! All the best.

Hi Cat,

Congrats! Im in Adelaide too. Where did you have yours down. Great job so far! All the best.

I got mine done by Circle of Care at Flinders Private.

Wow i didnt realise there were that many weight loss surgeons in adelaide! I get banded next wednesday with Dr Bessell at wakefield calvary hospital! Both excited and nervous!

Hi Cat

I too am having my done with Circle of Care, Dr Lillian Kow as is Dana. Both on 18 May.

Karen

Hi Cat

I too am having my done with Circle of Care, Dr Lillian Kow as is Dana. Both on 18 May.

Karen

And aren't we counting down the days Karen?? :rolleyes: Not long now!! Hooray!!

Hi Cat

Karen

Dana and Karen, how did it go? I had Dr Kow too, she is very experienced and nice too.

Cat.

Hello Im another newly banded person from Adelaide my name is Kim I was banded 16th May by Dr Touli at Flinders private. For me its been a quick process as soon as i decided I pretty much booked it in the same day and now her i am busting for my first fill :) I really look forward to reading about your journeys. Kim

Welcome Cat and congratulations on havin your surgery!

Hope you continue on the great journey

all the best on your weight loss journey and hope to see how your progress is coming along.

Jona

Hi there,

I am thinking about banding. I have my first appointment with Dr Yaeger at Ashford next week. He is the GP that works with Dr Anderson. I have been reading this forum for a while now and am quite excited about my appointment. I am 98kg and my BMI is just over 35. I dont have any health problems, but have tried everything on the market to loose weight. This is my final resort.

Has anyone been to this clinic before adn what should i expect on my first visit, and how many more appointments will i have to go through before i can have surgery. I am worried that they might not consider me as i don't have any health issues that i know about yet. I conatcted my health fund and they will cover me if it is a medical reason , what do they mean by that, do i need to put on more weight so i do get a health issue.. thats seems wierd to me,

how long should i expect before i can have the surgery, i was hoping August.

On Dr Anderson website it says there is an upfront fee of $2800, is this still the case?

So many questions!

Cheers

Naddy

I believe for the health insurance to pay you need a BMI of 40+, or a BMI of 35+ with medical co-morbidities like sleep apnea.

Cat.