Sign in to follow this  
ashnz

Am I impatient?

Hi all, I am feeling disappointed annoyed and almost depressed, I have appeared to lose no weight in the last 2-3 weeks despite having a fill of 1 ml on 9th May, this being my second fill since surgery on the 23rd March. It seems since the initial weight loss everything has slowed and possibily even stopped. I am not sure if I am eating correctly, I don't seem to eat that much, and only eat off my portion plate at night, I do feel a little different this fill but I dont feel like I did following surgery. I hear about weight loss slowing but does it happen this quick? I had hoped to be able to lose at least 10-15 kg before this happened- boo hoo. To make matter worse I dont see my surgeon again for another 5 weeks, I'm questioning whether I should call him and see if I should push for another fill or is this like a learning curve time where I am suppose to be patient and really exercise that self control (that I know we need) to get me through??? Of course I know I need to exercise more and drink more fluids too which I guess makes a difference but this feels so similar to previous weight loss attempts where I lose a bit then bang it all stops.

Any thoughts anyone?

Have you taken measurements? Sometimes you may see no results on the scales but you may be losing cms instead of kgs?

Hey Ashnz,,

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.

I was a really fast eater, I was in a hurry to get as full as I could, to have my share and to have enough.

I was really eager to get my band and I calculated in my head how skinny I would be on my birthday that year, by Christmas, Easter, my cousins wedding...

Well

Four years and three months later I've lost 46 kilograms.

And you know what?

I am so much happier now I have let go of the 'I must I must get thin before I get happy' and I'm just exploring ways to fill out into the new me.

Best of luck with your journey,

Kind regards,

Catharine