I am a wee bit worried as I am eating allsorts again! Not in huge amounts but I can eat anything as long as I chew well! Bit of apple got stuck yesterday! When I get a fill will I not be hungry again?? Dont know if surgeon put any fill in at op time. 2 weeks till I go back to rooms I think but havent had an appt sent yet! Is this normal or maybe the band has slipped or something?? Helpppppppppp

Hi Helen,

I just wrote the same type of thread in Bandit Lounge. From surgery to first fill. I am three weeks into this and can eat almost anything. It is a bit discouraging isnt it? I have a fill next week can cant wait. I hope they fill it as I have to drive 3 hours to the doctor but will stay in Perth. All I can say is just hang in there and hopefully at the fill you will find your restriction starting to help. Kristi

I am a wee bit worried as I am eating allsorts again! Not in huge amounts but I can eat anything as long as I chew well! Bit of apple got stuck yesterday! When I get a fill will I not be hungry again?? Dont know if surgeon put any fill in at op time. 2 weeks till I go back to rooms I think but havent had an appt sent yet! Is this normal or maybe the band has slipped or something?? Helpppppppppp

Helen

Don't worry too much. Talk to your doctor, give them a call and leave him a message if you don't see him for awhile. I was hungry afterwards and could eat what I wanted, not as much, but still too much. It will change as you get your fills. Try and eat more vegetables to fill you and drink more water.

Thanks girls! just maybe expecting too much too soon! Keep forgetting its a tool and I have to learn how to use it and it needs adjusting to me! Off to Swan Valley for lunch with the girls for a friends 50th!! Oh well at least I can enjoy! For the moment!!!!!! :blink:

It has been approx. 6 weeks from surgery for me and I have had first fil of 4 ml. I am hungry from mid-afternoon onwards. My fill has not made a difference. I am hoping at next appointment the restriction will kick-in and I will notice the difference. :blink:

I also was hungry. Then I had my first fill and was cautious at the beginning. Then was eating everything (obviously not huge portions though). When I went for my second fill, I said I had even eaten a hot cross bun that morning, and he said okay, he would put much more fill in. He added 4 mls (I now had 10 in an 11ml band). I was sooo sick all night ... I burped and burped and then vomited about four or five times each hour. It was awful!!!! The band was obviously too full. I went the next day and his partner took out 1.5 mls which eased it all. Now ... I can eat everything again!! I will have to wait for my next appt. I am just being aware of my portions and calorie count. I have really plateau-ed. Dieting is such an "in your head" thing. I have to get my tummy and my head to be on the same page!!!;)

I have noticed the following when I am reading the posts regarding the fills as I would love to get to the right fill asap.

It does sound like usually the doctor will put a lot of fill in and the repercussions can be full on for the next few days and either settle down to be perfect or get some fill removed to stop the symptoms and then have to get another top up a few weeks later of the original amount removed.

I was wondering, has anyone had what initially felt like too much fill, stuck out the repercussions of throwing up, unable to eat/drink properly for a few days then it has settled and now the correct fill?

Hi Helen

this is very normal so don't panic! just keep following the rules and once you start getting your fills it will get easier :rolleyes:

I remember this feeling after my surgery and I got so worried...it takes time to get used to the band!

Take care

CHelle

Hi Helen

this is very normal so don't panic! just keep following the rules and once you start getting your fills it will get easier :rolleyes:

I remember this feeling after my surgery and I got so worried...it takes time to get used to the band!

Take care

CHelle

Thanks Chelle