South brisbane pre bander Anyone been operated by Dr Reza Adib

28 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hey everyone my operation date is getting close im Scheduled on the 29th june . I am wondering if there are any patients of Dr Reza Adib that are on this forum????

Posted · Report post

I'm on the southside, never heard of him, where is he located?

Posted · Report post

Yep I was and there is a few others of us on here :-) I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr Adib. He certainly isn't the cuddle prop your ego up type- straight down to business and does amazing work :-) private message me if you have any other questions not suitable for the public forum! Best of luck with your op!

Posted · Report post

He is operates out of Wesley hospital and Sunnybank and i think Greenslopes as well his rooms are opposite the Wesley private hospital.

I'm choosing Sunnybank as its the closest to me i'm from jimmy. Where abouts are you from??

l

I'm on the southside, never heard of him, where is he located?

Posted · Report post

Hi Kimberley

I'm one of Dr Adib's bandits. He's a great surgeon and you are in good hands. As zimba has pointed out he's not lovey dovey best friend type and he's got a funny quirky personality but I can't fault him.

PM me as well if you want anymore info.

P.S not long to go now you must be getting excited.

Posted · Report post

Hey thanks for that as you know the closer it gets the more nervous i am getting but also excited , . Nice to know that i am in good hands and i instantly liked him the minute i meet him. I kinda of need a firm hand anyway .

xoxox

Hi Kimberley

I'm one of Dr Adib's bandits. He's a great surgeon and you are in good hands. As zimba has pointed out he's not lovey dovey best friend type and he's got a funny quirky personality but I can't fault him.

PM me as well if you want anymore info.

P.S not long to go now you must be getting excited.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I was operated on Friday 26/8/2011 by Dr Reza Adib at the Wesley & was very happy with him & the surgery. I would highly recommend him to anyone, he is very direct & to the point...tells you how it is, which I liked. He is also very helpful & gave me the option to pay 1/2 up front & the balance every fortnight....which was an offer I could not refuse. Very happy with the surgery as I have now lost 7kgs in 5 days :)

Cheers

John

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi

I'm a patient of dr Adib's I've seen him once, I'm going to get the gastric band, wow thats the first time I've said that I've been so confused about what operation to have. I'm waiting on my super to say yes :rolleyes:  

Posted · Report post

I've just realised I've done the ticker thing wrong, I'll try again

Posted · Report post

Hi

I'm a patient of dr Adib's I've seen him once, I'm going to get the gastric band, wow thats the first time I've said that I've been so confused about what operation to have. I'm waiting on my super to say yes :rolleyes:  

Hi newlifgirl,

Congratulations on your decision! i was banded by Dr Adib at the Wesley on 4/3/13. I have nothing but good things to say about him. It has been one of the best decisions I've made. I've lost almost 17kgs so far. Good luck with your super fund.

Cheers,

Donna.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

thanks Donna, wow 17 kg thats amazing its stories like yours that make me believe I am doing the right thing, there'a a lot of negativity out there about the band and sometimes I think maybe i should do the sleeve but its so final no going back ect.

Thanks and good work  

thanks Paula

Posted · Report post

Your looking great, congratulations on your weight loss.  I was just wondering what made you do the lapband instead of other surgeries ie. gastric sleeve. 

I to am going to Dr Adib but I'm waiting on an answer from my superannuation, the waiting is driving me crazy

Paula

Posted · Report post

After speaking to Dr Reza about all the different options out there...we opted for the band as I did not want something too drastic at this stage. Lucky for me the band has been good to me.

Posted · Report post

yeah I think I will do the band to, its worrying not knowing wether I'm doing the right thing

Posted · Report post

Hi newlifgirl, how did you go?? any further progress...

Posted · Report post

sorry its taken so long for me to get back to you, I've had the ok for accessing my super, and  have seen Dr Adib and have a surgery date of 13th of  August to get Lapband, I'm nervous  but excited but not looking forward to 2 week preop diet

Thanks for asking

Posted · Report post

I start 2 week liver shrinking diet on Tuesday, the dietician said he's had 95% success with people who have done the band, but with the sleeve its just set and forget, and some people have trouble with the band the cost of fills etc. he was a bit negative about the band, and very positive about the sleeve.  Its just made me worry about wether I'm doing the right thing doing the band, I just wish he'd have kept his opinions to himself :unsure:

Posted · Report post

just wondering if anyone can see my ticker lol

Posted · Report post

No can't see it

I think you've posted the wrong code - you need the URL one I think

Posted · Report post

thanks veteran bandit

Posted · Report post

Hey everyone my operation date is getting close im Scheduled on the 29th june . I am wondering if there are any patients of Dr Reza Adib that are on this forum????

Hi 

How did your surgery go with Dr Adib? I'm scheduled to go in 18 November with him...

Posted · Report post

He did my band in July 2012 starting weight 132kg today two days after having band removed ... 68kg .  Adore the doc won't go to anyone else :)

Posted · Report post

Hi, sorry I’m new to this, just wondering if anyone can tell me their experience with Dr Adib re gastric surgery? I just had a phone consultation ( as I will be flying to Brisbane for surgery) and It went for only under 10mins? I felt very rushed and now I’m unsure on whether to sick with this doctor. I am accessing super however have locked in a tentative date. Can anyone provide me with feedback? Would be much appreciated. :)

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi Lanii444,

i had a consultation with him today too, he does rush and does t really like to be asked questions, i went back to ask about post-op complications and he was pretty short with me...luckily im used to dealing with drs so it doesnt phase me.  He seems to know what hes about, staff there were great, hope this helps