Megan40

Any North-West banders out there?

Hi banders. Ive been banded for nearly two years and I am finally looking for other banders to talk to, get together for a coffee and chat etc. I will put my email in profile and please contact me as I think we could all use the support in these comming comfort eating cold months. Megpost-3279-0-87047400-1308316555_thumb.jp

Hi Megan, I'm in Exeter and would love the same opportunity to coffee and chat with other bandits for support. I'm 11 wks banded and haven't had my 1st fill yet and starting to find things getting a bit tougher to stay on track with our cold weather and the gorgeous comfort food we all like to indulge in when we hybernate during our winter. Let me know how you go connecting with others closer to you but maybe we could get all together in Devonport some time. Stay warm and keep in touch. Karen :)

Hi karen, I'm gonna jump in lol, I'm in George Town which isn't that far from you, it would be nice if all 3 (or more) of us could meet up :) Joanne

Hi Megan, I'm in Exeter and would love the same opportunity to coffee and chat with other bandits for support. I'm 11 wks banded and haven't had my 1st fill yet and starting to find things getting a bit tougher to stay on track with our cold weather and the gorgeous comfort food we all like to indulge in when we hybernate during our winter. Let me know how you go connecting with others closer to you but maybe we could get all together in Devonport some time. Stay warm and keep in touch. Karen :)

Thats great....two of you getting together, thats exactly the sort of support you need. Im in Cooee which is prob a bit far for frequent get togethers but am here online.

Karen you are at (what I remember) being my toughest time. I was soooooooo hungry after surgery and before being tightened. Lots of thick soup, and dip bread in it to make it mushy. I must admit I wasnt very good at this stage. After being tightened I was much better.......well sort of. I find the band works best for me being really tight and esp in these months where there is lots of comfort food.

Devonport sounds like a good idea. lets keep in touch. I am sooooo tempted to make a bread and butter pudding today. Im not sure how a low fat one would go.

Meg

Hey Megan, pity we have the distance between us but cooee nots to bad, in fact I was in burnie just last tuesday :) maybe we could just organise a get together in devonport one day? I'm just starting my 4th week banded and have only just yesterday started to feel hungry, I think I'll have to thicken my soup up a bit, suddenly everything I'm cooking for my boys is looking very tempting but I don't want to undo the good work I've done by not being "naughty" the last 3 weeks :(

Thats great....two of you getting together, thats exactly the sort of support you need. Im in Cooee which is prob a bit far for frequent get togethers but am here online.

Karen you are at (what I remember) being my toughest time. I was soooooooo hungry after surgery and before being tightened. Lots of thick soup, and dip bread in it to make it mushy. I must admit I wasnt very good at this stage. After being tightened I was much better.......well sort of. I find the band works best for me being really tight and esp in these months where there is lots of comfort food.

Devonport sounds like a good idea. lets keep in touch. I am sooooo tempted to make a bread and butter pudding today. Im not sure how a low fat one would go.

Meg

Keep me in touch when you are out and about...would love to meet up. You have kids? I have 4 Perhaps if they are in the right age group at the Dport park. Meg

Dont worry.......you wont undo the work if you cheat. I would do the 'taste test' put the food in , chew and then spit it out....gross I know but it satisfied the taste buds. Look whatever works for you. I agree with the thick soup. I also have lots of cups of tea.

Hey Megan, pity we have the distance between us but cooee nots to bad, in fact I was in burnie just last tuesday :) maybe we could just organise a get together in devonport one day? I'm just starting my 4th week banded and have only just yesterday started to feel hungry, I think I'll have to thicken my soup up a bit, suddenly everything I'm cooking for my boys is looking very tempting but I don't want to undo the good work I've done by not being "naughty" the last 3 weeks :(

Hi Meg & Joanne. So happy, I would love to catch up with you both. Just had my first fill yesterday, yay!!! It took a little effort for the dr to find my port but persistance paid off. He put in 1ml. Not having any problems eating but it is making me feel fuller for longer. How should we stay in contact? Still learning how to use this forum. :)

IM in sheffield

Hi was banded in March and live in North West of Tassie. I have lost 15 kgs but havent told many people.

Hi I'm in Devonport, banded in September, and feel GREAT!! My hubby was also banded on the same day, and my friend is also done so we are a great support for each other but it is great to read about other peoples experiences, good or bad!

Claire

Hi everyone my name is kim i live in Ulverstone i am six weeks off having banding and still cant decide which doctor to use. I ha ve been to see Mr Tony and Dr willikins.

Who did you have and how has the before and after service been?

Hi guys, I'm Bree. It's nice to know there are others close by! I'm booked in to have my surgery on Monday 26th August - not long now! I'm from Latrobe but work in Devonport. My Doctor is Giresh Pandee.

Hi

I am a dietitian running a private practice in Devonport and Burnie and with the help of GP Esther Papas will be starting a Lapband Support Group in the New Year. The aim will be to provide support and share experiences and information. This is not a medical group and will not replace your normal medical care with your surgeon. 

First meeting will be on 9th January with following dates yet to be decided but aiming for a meetings once a month on a Thursday night.

Date: Thursday 9th January

Location: Latrobe Family Medical Practice, 45B Gilbert Street, Latrobe (access to meeting room from rear door)

Time: 6.00pm until 8.00pm

Cost: Free, (tea and coffee gold coin donation)

All Banders, people thinking about getting a band, partners of Banders, or those who have had sleeve, bypass or other bariatric surgery are welcome. 

For more information you can contact Esther on 0467 452 887.

Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Sophie

• Like 1

Hi

I am a dietitian running a private practice in Devonport and Burnie and with the help of GP Esther Papas will be starting a Lapband Support Group in the New Year. The aim will be to provide support and share experiences and information. This is not a medical group and will not replace your normal medical care with your surgeon. 

First meeting will be on 9th January with following dates yet to be decided but aiming for a meetings once a month on a Thursday night.

Date: Thursday 9th January

Location: Latrobe Family Medical Practice, 45B Gilbert Street, Latrobe (access to meeting room from rear door)

Time: 6.00pm until 8.00pm

Cost: Free, (tea and coffee gold coin donation)

All Banders, people thinking about getting a band, partners of Banders, or those who have had sleeve, bypass or other bariatric surgery are welcome. 

For more information you can contact Esther on 0467 452 887.

Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Sophie

Hi Sophie - is this still happening as I'm interested