New Bandit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Band/Sleeve Status 2+ Years Post-Op
  • Weight Loss Status Just Starting

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

Hi Everyone
About four and a half years ago, I had lapband surgery. I had it two weeks before Christmas and at the very same time that I was setting up a new business. My life was chaos and I didn't recognise that the lapband would make such a big change in my life. I couldn't handle a new business and the lapband. I spent twelve months throwing up and living on quiche and ice cream, just so I could eat. I got the liquid taken out of my band. I was devastated and have not had the mental capacity to try it over again.
Now, however, my life is different. I do not own a stressful business any more and I have chosen to give the lapband another shot. Since it was first installed, I have gained another ten kilos. I am getting a fill this week and will be more dedicated to looking after myself and making sure the two of us get along better.
Is there anyone out there who has been through similar circumstances? I have spent four years feeling like a total failure when I failed my last resort (the lapband). It is only right now that I have climbed over my mental block and felt up to the challenge of getting it started again. I have found an excellent doctor for support. Initially I chose to get the surgery done in another city so nobody would recognise me....what a fool I was! It was three hours away so I didn't even get any after surgery support.

So here goes......
Cheers
J

#2 103toomuch

103toomuch

Ultimate Bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMallee
  • Weight Loss Status 90%

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:16 AM

Good luck to you. We're all here to listen or to give opinions if wanted/needed. How exciting for you to be starting your journey again.

#3 Shorty

Shorty

Ultimate Bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • Weight Loss Status 70%

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

Good on you for coming back to your band and wanted to make it work for you!

There are a few people in the forum that are coming back or giving their band a second chance.

Hope all goes well with your adjustment!!

S

#4 tawney008

tawney008

Ultimate Bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts
  • Band/Sleeve Status 12+ Months Post-Op
  • Weight Loss Status 50%

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:02 PM

Hello and welcome to the group

The good thing about this forum is that people are so full of knowledge and support, I know I would have failed with my band if it hadnt been for this site... whether it was information, support or a good kick up the bum, I found it here :)

Keep in touch and let us know how you are going :)

Good luck with the fill, and the new beginning :)

#5 Jaydanes

Jaydanes

New Bandit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Weight Loss Status Just Starting

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

Thanks everyone! I have my first fill tomorrow via x-ray as my doctor couldn't find the little soft bit on the port last week. My new doctor is very supportive and even lets me be a needle-phobic woos if I want to be. Fingers crossed and thanks.:rolleyes:

#6 Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl

Bandit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Band/Sleeve Status Post-Op
  • Weight Loss Status 20%

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:33 PM

Hi Jaydanes. I'm pretty new to this site and am currently awaiting the band to be done. I think that's really fantastic that you're giving it another go. Just goes to show that you really do have to be mentally ready and have support around you to make a really good go of it. I only joined this site a week ago and have learnt sooooooo much and feel inspired and positive just from reading everyone's posts. I wish you all the very best, sounds as though 2011 is going to be a good year for you!!! :)

#7 janiepoo

janiepoo

New Bandit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Weight Loss Status 20%

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:36 AM

I'm currently going through the same thing, not had any fills for a few years, thought i would try the weightwatchers and slimming world but not working, am currently looking for a doctor to do the fills, and am prepared to do the hard yards ie dietician etc.

#8 RuRa

RuRa

Bandit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • Band/Sleeve Status 6 Months Post-Op
  • Weight Loss Status 10%

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

Hi jaydanes & janeypoo,
just wondering in all the time u had ur band with no fill, did u feel it or did it
interfere with your eating at all?
good for u to start again! Sounds like youll bebetter supported this time around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users