AussieChickaDee

Hi From Southern Tas

Hi,

I am Mel from Tassie :)

I am 24 and have a wonderful supportive partner and 2 kids.

I was banded Monday last week. Its be hard on liquids and I have cheated a little bit with a bit of mushies here and there.

Hope to share my journey on here with you all :)

• Like 1

Hi Mel. I'm in Tassie as well, although the other end of the state (george town). congrats on getting your band, did dr wilkinson do it?? I hear what you're saying about liquids, I was on them for 4 weeks and it was bloody hard, anyways good luck, hope to hear from you again, regards Joanne

Hi,

I am Mel from Tassie :)

I am 24 and have a wonderful supportive partner and 2 kids.

I was banded Monday last week. Its be hard on liquids and I have cheated a little bit with a bit of mushies here and there.

Hope to share my journey on here with you all :)

Hi, Im in Hobart and with Dr Patiniotis :-) Hope your doing well and all the best for the journey ahead! x

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm from Hobart. My op was 2½ weeks ago with Dr Wilkinson.

I'm counting down the days until I'm off liquids and onto mushy foods. After reading other peoples comments on here, I'm surprised to see that some people are on mushies by week 2 (if only!). I too was naughty & had really lightly scrambled eggs on Saturday ... they were just DIVINE!!

My first fill is on 21 September.

I hope you're going well!!

Good luck everyone! smile.gif

Hi there, welcome to the lapband club :) I was done by Dr Wilkinson on the 27th May this year, I know what you mean about the liquid stage, when I first came on here I couldn't believe that so many dr's give such different instructions, lucky us hey to get the 4 weeks on liquids lol. anyways good luck with everything, regards Joanne (in George Town)

Hi,

I'm from Hobart. My op was 2½ weeks ago with Dr Wilkinson.

I'm counting down the days until I'm off liquids and onto mushy foods. After reading other peoples comments on here, I'm surprised to see that some people are on mushies by week 2 (if only!). I too was naughty & had really lightly scrambled eggs on Saturday ... they were just DIVINE!!

My first fill is on 21 September.

I hope you're going well!!

Good luck everyone! smile.gif

Hi Mel. I'm in Tassie as well, although the other end of the state (george town). congrats on getting your band, did dr wilkinson do it?? I hear what you're saying about liquids, I was on them for 4 weeks and it was bloody hard, anyways good luck, hope to hear from you again, regards Joanne

My name is bugger i have just had lap band done been 4 days now stomach is still rumbling gee i hope i can get through this

Hi all Tassie guys, I am from the north west coast. Having my banding done in the middle of next month, can't wait. Married 29 years with 4 children.

Hi to all the Tassie banders. I'm from Launceston and have had my band for 2.5 weeks. I also had mine done with Dr Wilkinson, but have followed my nutritionists advice and have moved on to mushy food. Is this cheating? Probably! But I haven't had any issues keeping food down, so I am assuming all is ok. :rolleyes:

Hi all, I was banded Tuesday 17th April with Mr Wilkinson. So far so good. I still have a little pain. More uncomfortable than painful though. I think the worst part about all this is all the conflicting information. Does anyone else feel this way?

Hi , i am from Ulverstone having mine done in Hobart by Tony Patinotis on the 7 Th May .

Cant wait but scared and excited

Hi im 26 years old married with two children we live in Bothwell i was banded on the 9th of october and im on my first week of mushi's :) tony done mine and he is lovely :) i go for my 4week check up on the 9th :)

• Like 1

Hi Taswegians,

I live in Brighton. Is there any other members here who live down south of Tassie?

I am having lap band surgery on 19 November 2012, scared but can't wait for it to be done. I have been fighting with my weight for quite a while now and so fed up with it.

Hi I was banded by Tony at the end of July.I live in Hobart, everything going great.Have lost 14kgs,have about 10 to go.It was the.best thing I have done.The first month is a bit trying.All the best.

Hi all,

Well am on my way to losing weight. My banding surgery went well. The day after wasn't so great though. Felt very sluggish, jellies for brekkie, hmmmm. But am feeling much better now. I am enjoying my Tony Ferguson shakes for brekkie, soups, yoghurts, custards etc. I know I have lost a little weight already, haven't been weighed as yet but have actually moved my bra hooks over one row and my face is thinner...yayyyy!!!! It is 10 days today since my surgery.

Am seeing Dr. Wilk again in 2 weeks. I wonder if he will weigh me then when I go back just before I start my mushy food diet. Can anyone advise when the weighing starts please.

Every visit, Bandit57! Typical of many bandits is to drop weight at first weigh in, gain weight for second which is also when first fill normally goes in, and then drop consistently for each weigh in after that. If you don't drop you normally get another fill!

• Like 1

Hi all. Am new to all this have an appt with Dr Patiniotis on Thursday. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what their experiences were like as far as costs. I know I'll get some info on Thursday but thought others might have some insights. I have private insurance but don't know what to expect as far as out of pocket expenses and ongoing costs.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Hi I'm banded by Dr Tony I was out of pocket almost $3000 with anaesthetic , Tony's fee and hospital excess. My fills cost $142 but you get $119 back from Medicare. I'm more than happy with Tony he does a wonderful job :) I also put a claim in to early release of my super but u need to pay on credit card or loan the money to be able to access it . I was bandeD in September and have only just lodged my claim lol.

Good luck

Hi Tasannie

I am too very new to this and saw Dr Tony on Thursday (we probably crossed paths!)  I am booked to have the procedure next week.  All the best - I will let you know how I am tracking

:D

Hi Mrs R!  We might have!

I had to wait a bit as I have my mum & dad visiting at the moment and wanted to wait until after that to get it done.  I'll be having the procedure on 4 March.  Hope all goes well with your procedure!  Let me know how it all goes!

Ann

Hi all Tassie friends

Just a few questions:

Any ideas how much I will be out of pocket for my anaesthetic bill,

have bupa cover and going with Andrew Ottaway?

Also, booked for Thailand (Phuket) late September, and have read

That you can't get travel insurance?? I have already taken cover out with

Cover-more and will need to add the lap-band to the insurance, has

Anyone had any luck/issues/ideas??

Band will be done on the 19/2. I have about 30kg to lose, so nervous and

Excited!! I have weird bad dreams that something will go wrong.

I have told some family with both negative and positive reactions.

But still in the back of my head I think 'you fat lazy cow- get off your

Bum, stop eating and exercise'. This haunts me!!! I know I have tried

I know that I have suffered ALL my life with weight. I think I am scared!

Anyone else been through these emotions?? Love to hear from you all x

I don't know about anaesthetic out of pocket. Have a pre-surgery appointment with them on the 25th. So I think I'll find out more then. From what they have sent thru, I think the out of pocket will be around 300-500... But that's just a guess.

I'm with Tony Patiniotis and am looking forward to getting started.

Like you I've had weird dreams and some doubts about whether I can make this work.

Don't know about flight insurance...hadn't considered that you wouldn't be eligible!