sarah wants banding

For Sale / Wanting To Buy Page?

Hi,

Just wondering if we could maybe get a for sale / wanting to buy page. Somewhere where we can list various items i.e. optifast/optislim range, books, plates, clothing (as another member had mentioned) and anything banding/weight loss related?

Just an idea :)

Thanks

maybe try something on Facebook, i dont think we're allowed to on this website.

Look in FAQ and also Pre-banding/considering a lapband forums on this site under "products", things to buy etc and you will see all that info - bit slower but heaps of info and most include links/urls, prices etc

A lot of fora have for sale pages for members. They tend to get spammed a lot so work cut out for mods. If it's for members use only i think it's a good ideasmile.gif

• Like 1

Agreed!! I don't want to spam the other topics with things I have for sale! I have a TONNE of clothes I will be selling shortly!

Hey Shez.. why have you zipped your mouth?????;)

Also i have a heap of stuff too and will only have more.. Maybe we could post links of clothes on the gallery and have details with them.. I dont know but is definatly worth looking at as we will all need clothes of different sizes along the process and why not resource each others in the process..

Cheers

A

Hey Shez.. why have you zipped your mouth?????;)

Also i have a heap of stuff too and will only have more.. Maybe we could post links of clothes on the gallery and have details with them.. I dont know but is definatly worth looking at as we will all need clothes of different sizes along the process and why not resource each others in the process..

Cheers

A

Great idea! and just because you have shrunk out of your size 20's doesn't mean that a shrinking size 26 won't want to buy your clothes. I think this is and will be a great idea if it gets up and running! :)

I am a member of another on line group and they have a for sale/wanted page and it is not spammed with stuff - just things people want to sell - usually baby stuff but it works a treat and things even get posted around Australia.

Yes, but if its the EB one you are refering too, there are lots of rules in place around it. Minimum number of posts and an email to the mods to get yourself added before you can even view the forum. That is why there is no spam.

So its not just a case of adding a new sub-forum, some rules and/or work from moderators is required. Not sure if it is naturally built in to this particular forum (most already have this - a moderator only access forum is an example).

Doable, but it requires possibly a "new" type of forum which is reliant on post numbers (say > 50 posts?), just being a member wouldn't be sufficient as the spammers will simply make an account just to sell their rubbish.

I was thinking the same! Was lying in hospital unable to sleep thinking wow im going to have so many clothes to sell & im going to need to by clothes at some stage but they wont be clothes i will keep as ill still be loosing weight! I was actually thinking of making a facebook page to sell things like you have all said you would like to sell. Is this allowed? Would this page owner be okay with it? If so i will quite happily make one that we can all use to sell clothes, cook books, plates & anything else related to loosing weight on our wonderful journey.

What a great idea! My yo -yo dieting has led to a wardrobe with size 10 to size 18! 6 bedroomsre with overflowing cupboards and a garage full of boxes. Keep us posted on your progress, will definitely support your website!

I was thinking the same! Was lying in hospital unable to sleep thinking wow im going to have so many clothes to sell & im going to need to by clothes at some stage but they wont be clothes i will keep as ill still be loosing weight! I was actually thinking of making a facebook page to sell things like you have all said you would like to sell. Is this allowed? Would this page owner be okay with it? If so i will quite happily make one that we can all use to sell clothes, cook books, plates & anything else related to loosing weight on our wonderful journey.

Kylie

Are you on Facebook??

There is a Northern Beaches Buy/Swap/Sell group that I've used a bit?

Might be worth a look??

S

shorty i have used the northern beaches buy/swap/sell i just thought something a bit more particular for us bandits would be nice.

What a great idea! My yo -yo dieting has led to a wardrobe with size 10 to size 18! 6 bedroomsre with overflowing cupboards and a garage full of boxes. Keep us posted on your progress, will definitely support your website!

Gee.......Tiger999.......I can relate to this same scenario, too! Won't it be so nice to have clothes in size 10 to 12 and not all the way up to 18's...........AND not overflowing the cupboards and boxes!

shorty i have used the northern beaches buy/swap/sell i just thought something a bit more particular for us bandits would be nice.

That would be so great, Kylie! I'm sure many of us Bandits would appreciate a site like this! Do keep us posted as to how you go!