tuffy

Hello Tasmanians!

Thanks Tuffy and Haymaddi for replying. If circumstances had of allowed I too would of just self funded and jumped on the operating table (very keen) but as it was I was pregnant and also I just don't have those kind of funds. But being pregnant certainly made the 12 month wait go a lot faster, which has been nice and now I am only a few months away from finally being able to have it done! biggrin.gif

I'll make my app with Tony soon, so hopefully I can get s better Idea of the costs huh.gif

Bet you can't wait for the 7th Tuffy! Just having that date must be pretty exciting!! - I might have to treat myself to a treadmill as well...or at least try and convince my other half I deserve one tongue.gif

Welcome Katherine! Congrats on such great results, that certainly is inspiring!!

Every summer I tell myself I will not put myself through another one of being so over weight, and then the next summer rolls around and I am heavier than the previous. Well this summer I will be my heaviest through it, but next summer I will finally full-fill that promise to myself! Might even be able wear bathers rather than some old shorts and a t-shirt!! sad.gif

So great to see the Tassie crew growing on here!!! smile.gif

Hey All, hope everyone has had a nice weekend!

Katherine - 30 KILOS! Wow, tha is awesome!! Well done!! You must be soo proud of yourself! I'm with Seven, soooo inspiring!!!:lol:

Seven - can understand everyones circumstances differing. I downgraded my car to get the extra $$, I'd had a loan for the car prior, so I have just over half in savings now and will put the difference on my loan (I've had it 'owing' about $200 for the last 3 months, waiting for all of this to come together!!

I'm exactly the same, big promises to myself each year and to no avail, with some little wins inbetween times. I was actually reflecting on the money I've wasted over the years, I've done Biggest Loser Club, BodyTrim, Dukan Diet, Rezults, Tony Ferguson, IsoWhey, Online diet plans, 5 day diets, 2 day diets, soup diets, personal trainers, Jillian Michaels DVDs, Tae Bo DVDs, my GOD the list goes on. Whenever I have a little moment of "come on, you can do this without surgery - just step up" I reflect on that, I do need this, and I need it now before I let my weight get any further out of control.

Claire - I'd LOVE a dog to walk, but I'm not in the right house for one right now. I'll be moving soon to Howrah, right near the beach and can't WAIT to get a dog and be able to go for big walks - it'll be so nice! The house I'm going to needs some renovating though, so could be a while before I get one. That, and we have a big fat cat (what do they say about fat owners/fat pets? oh dear :( ) who RULES our house. She'll be an interesting case when a new four legged friend is introduced!!

Look after yourselves ladies, I'll read you all soon!

p.s. hope you're travelling well out there Courts and have got lots of special cuddles now your little one is home x :)

tuffy xx

Tuffy - Exactly, I am sick of trying everything only to find all I have really lost is Money!... and eventually I just gain more weight.

Also, I used to live in Bellerive, have moved now, but it was great for the beaches you have Bellerive beach and Howrah beach joined by a beautiful little bush/coast track I used to walk that every day, and it is absolutely beautiful in the warmer months. Oh and last summer we saw so many Dolphins playing in the bay :D Having places like that close by makes getting out for walks sooooo much easier it was more of a treat!! haha fancy that!

Plus they are both Dog friendly beaches so if you do get a dog you'll have a great time watching them make friends!! :P They also run the Dog school in Bellerive, $2 a lesson which is great!

Good luck all, hope you are all travelling well :D

Tuffy, we also have a lazy cat, that has all 3 dogs bluffed..funny!

Bellereive and Howrah are lovely places, and the beaches are great, my hubby grew up in Howrah and his mum still lives there, so return to visit a bit.

Well just to touch base with how I am travelling, let me just say that i have struggled since my fill last week, I am soooo bloody hungry and food is all I think about! It is terrible, I was feeling great before and now I am having way too many flat days, where I struggle to get going, I am not losing weight and have put on about half a kg since the fill where i was dropping that every few days to a week before the fill! Aaaahhh its doing my head in, but I have read on here a few people have had similar experiences, thinking about calling Tony to see if i can get in for an earlier fill, next appt is not until 18th Novemeber, god I will have put the 10kg I lost back on by then!

Anyway, I will watch my intake and try and walk my puppies a bit more often to keep the old mind busy!!

Hope Im not being too depressing, good to get it off my chest though!

Take care all

Claire

Hey Claire, thinking of you :) would you like to catch up sometime for a chat and a coffee?

Katherine

Thanks Katherin sounds great, are you in Hobart?...I am in Devonport but do get down that way occassionally

Claire

:)

Yes Claire, i'm in Hobart if your ever down this way maybe we could get the rest together in the forum and catch up :)

Hi all,

So sorry for not posting for a while :(

I hope you are all well. Any luck getting in for an earlier fill with Tony Claire? Your not being too depressing at all, this is a great place to vent and get things of your chest!! Its what we are here for.

I am a whole 1 week post op today, and I can't believe how fast its actually gone, these first 4 weeks on fluids might not be so bad after all if all the weeks go this fast. Travelling ok, still a bit of wound pain, but it certainly gets better every day.

Tuffy I am certainly enjoying the cuddles with Molly, it was nice to have those few days on my own to recover but boy I missed her so much I was glad to have her home.

A catch up coffee would be a great idea Katherine, next time your down Claire we should arrange it.

Anyway, hope you are all enjoying this sunny day!

Courts

xx

Hi Girls,

I agree with Courts, the space is here to vent and discuss with others who 'get' what we're talking about!

I'd love to catch up with everyone, we can arrange it when you're next down Claire? Hopefully it's when I'm post- banding so we can all 'get' the band talk!!

I've gained MORE weight. I'm soooo confused :( I'm wondering whether it's a bit of pre-TTOM, I honestly just don't know! I don't feel like I'm retaining water, but it's just so frustrating to gain when I'm heading to this big change! It's definately put me of any pre-banding treats, let me tell you!! I'm soooo denagerously close to 100kg, a M & M could tip me over I reckon!

Courts so pleased everything is travelling well for you! What have you been 'eating'? I emailed Dr Tony with a few questions to ready myself for post op, and asked whether I should only be on clear liquids the first week, and his response was:

"you can eat ANYTHING you can drink through a straw" (he actually used capitals!) so..there you go. I'm going to freeze up lots of thin soups in little containers, are a bit of readiness.

I hope everyone is well! :)

tuffy xx

Hi Tuffy,

it must be so frustrating for you to be putting on weight, I am sure it is probably just fluid relating to TTOM!! Don't let it get to you, you need to be postive leading in to this fantastic change thats about to happen :)

Basically I am following the rule of "suck through a straw" lol.

I actually have no appetite before lunch time so at about 1 ish I will have a few mouthfuls of a smoothie (store bought or homemade) and then I will have some soup for dinner. The other day I only had a mouthful of drinking yogurt for lunch and about 3 tablespoons of soup for dinner. I was shocked, the previous me would have died surviving on that lol

Hope everyone is well

courts

xx

Thanks Courts, I'm just soooo frustrated! I've been drinking dandilon tea all day today, so hopefully that calms things down.

oh my gosh! It's hard to imagine that as our meals! How are you feeling energy wise? I take heaps of supplements, by the time they moosh down they'd probably be 3 tablespoons and I'll be done for dinner!!

Hahaha, at this rate if we all meet up for lunch, we can split a cup of soup!!:lol:

tuffy xx

Hi guys!

I would love to catch up next time we are down your way, which will deffinetly be after your op tuffy.

I have had a better end to the week than I did the beginning, I have started to see the weight come down again, having dropped the half a kg I put on after the fill and now another half, so yay me! My only secret is plenty of water, and good food choices.

Courts its great hear you are tracking well, isnt it weird the amount of food we need to survive! If I had of eaten the amount i do now pre banding i would have been a mess, and scrounging for food!!...

Tuffy, I wouldnt stress about the weight gain,you are on the count down to your life change, so relax, there is light at the end of the tunnel!!

Anyway, bring ton the weekend, I need to rest been a hectic week for me,

take care

Claire

:rolleyes:

Claire, yay for positive results after the fill!! You must be feeling all 're-enthused' now!!

I know I shouldn't focus on the gain, I'm just sooo frustrated by it. You're very right though, by this time next year it'll be a distant memory!

Kafflouise, I have Facebook but I don't really use it so there'd be no point in adding me! That said my band is a biiiiig secret due to a number of bigger friends/inlaws who I know will take me getting banded quite personally so I'm keeping it all on the down low.

Courts, have you come up with any delicious recipes? I was thinking of buying a juicer, but I'm thinking I cant justify squeezing all the fruit if I will only get a few tablespoons?

I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

tuffy xx

I have an appointment for my consult with Tony! (Still early days I know) - 10th November!!!

If all goes well I should be able to kick off my new life around February (Insurance kicks in)

I too would love to get together with you ladies, even though I would most likely not be a bandit by then!

I have Facebook, but also don't plan on telling everyone. Certainly Family members wouldn't be the best support, as well as other people with their other opinions! :P

Hope you are all going well on your banding adventure!!! :D

I too have facebook, but hardly any of my family or friends know yet so I dont talk about it on there. I am sure once the weight starts coming off and people ask me how etc I will be happy to let them know, I just don't plan on broadcasting yet lol

I am a member of a great facebook group for tassie lapbanders so if anyone wants me to add them to the group feel free to send me a friend request Courtney Lemm.

Cheers

Courts

Hey Court, would love to join that group but can't find you

Katherine Millhouse

Katherine :)

I must have my security settings too harsh lol

I tried looking for you but it doesn't bring up any matches either. I will open up my page for you. :)

Hope you enjoy the group girls, I have found them very supportive etc.

Seven it is a secret group, if you would like to join just add me as a friend on facebook and I will add you to the group.

Thanks Courts, I have enjoyed looking at the facebook page, was going to join one the other day but like you guys I dont want everyone to make the connection if they see it on my page!! silly but as i have worked out some get it some dont so easier to keep it to myself...anyway, I also didnt know there were secret groups, weird, but very cool!

yeah Claire thats what I like about it too, you can talk freely about issues you may have lapband wise without worrying about anyone reading it.

I have only told a handful of people, some are extremely supportive and others not so much :)