tuffy

Hello Tasmanians!

Tomorrow!!!

I've got cups and cups of thin soups in the freezer, house is clean, soluble panadol, heat pack, Gruen Transfer on DVD...just need to pack my bag!

See you all on the other side!!:D

Tomorrow!!!

I've got cups and cups of thin soups in the freezer, house is clean, soluble panadol, heat pack, Gruen Transfer on DVD...just need to pack my bag!

See you all on the other side!!:D

Best wishes for tomorrow Tuffy. I hope all goes well and I look forward to your updates.

Regards Gill.

YAY!!! Good luck Tuffy it will be over before you know it cant wait to hear how you go!!! I will be thinking of you!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

hi guys, I have been logging on everyday to see how Tuffy went with her op, anyone heard??

Hi guys :) op all done after lots of delays Monday!

Just tired and a little bit sore (no packing happening!!)

One thing driving me crazy, I keep having to clear my.throat-constantly! Thought maybe it could be due to the tubes? Anyone else get this? It's driving me round the bend!

I recruited a new bandit while I was in hospital too! :P

tuffy xx

Hi tuffy I hAd my op 3 weeks ago an the same thing happened to me, I had to keep clearing my throat I was also short of breath for a couple of days, it does get better I promise, I'm pleased the op went well, good luck with the next few weeks x

Tuffy, good to hear from you!!,..glad the op wemnt well, i didnt have the throat problem but like Penny I had the shortness of breath, but put it down to the pain, I just used the triflow thingy to make me breathe deep. Take care of yourself

Claire

:D

So glad to hear from you Tuffy!

Glad everything went well, I had quite a sore throat for a day or so after the surgery and they put it down to the tubes. And like Claire said make sure you use the triflow to help get you back into deep breathing, subconciously you shallow breathe after stomach surgery and you almost need to re-train yourself o breathe deeply.

Rest up now, I enjoyed lying in bed watching dvds....I never get a chance to do that anymore with bub so I relished in the time to just be lol

i look forward to hearing your updates...and good work with recruiting a new bandit too :)

courts

xx

Thanks for all the well wishes guys!

Or should I say "a hem a Hem a HEM" which seems to be my only form of communication right now! :P

All went really well apparently 'very boring' procedure and very straight forward so off I was on my way home!

Feeling much better after a decent sleep last night, can even sleep on my side, so that's great!

Was having problems with trapped gas, and I leant to my port side to lean on my partner and my tummy just went BRRRUUUUUUPPPPPP! We had Sons of Ananarchy on DVD and he thought it was a motorbike!!:unsure: relieved lots of pressure though!

I'm doing lots of breathing exercises, and walking about if I feel any kind of discomfort, so really feeling quite good!

I hope everyone else is travelling well, Courts how are you going with the liquids?

look after yourselves girls!

tuffy xx (a hem! lol)

that trapped gas can be a pain, much better out than in I say....even if it isn't very dignified :)

I went and saw a fantastic nutrionist on Tuesday (who is reccommended by Steve) and she said I can start on purees this weekend (instead of waiting till Tuesday lol) you wouldn't believe how much I am looking forward to some mashed vegies! I am thinking I will make a big casserole or something to puree as well, craving some meat hehe

I really look forward to working with her on my journey towards becoming healthy. I even mentioned that my mind is often my biggest enemy so she has given me the details of a psycologist to have a chat to.

The next 2 weeks for you on liquids will really fly by Tuffy, I thought 4 weeks would drag on forever but once I was feeling better and got back into day to day life the time has actually gone pretty fast.

Take care

xx

Time is flying by, I am now just over 8 weeks banded!!

Cant believe it has gone so fast, I have myself in quite a good place at the moment, I have started taking centrum multivitamin, and given up my old friend "V" for berroca every morning, and have been religiously using my new best friend on my phone and calorie counting, sitting at around 1200 calories per day and the weight is coming off quite nicely, down about 3 kgs since my first fill, making me around 13.6kg down so far- in 8 weeks that would be a record weight loss for me ever!!

I am heading to see Tony next friday for 2nd fill, finding myself a bit anxious about it actually, after reading about reflux and pbing(this scares me) Im not sure i want to change the way things are going, I feel as though i have my eating under control and the weight is coming off nicely, should I change that? mmmm not sure, but I guess he reason I got the band is to help me so I should go again, I guess I see my friend, who was banded about a month before me, and is struggling barely able to eat anything but is hungry and nothing will stay down, and her weight isnt moving at all, I dont want to go there, so perhaps I should talk to Tony and tell him I am quite comfy where i am, so maybe just a small fill, just to reduce the amount i can fit in...

My hubby, is in neeeeed of his fill though, he is eating absolutley anything!! mind you alot smaller portions than he used to, his biggest problem is learning to eat during the day even if he doesnt feel like it cos he then gets to a point where he is starving and scoffs whatever he can find then it gets stuck cos he doesnt chew enough then has to spew to get it out!! Frustrating, I dont understand how making himself have to spew wouldnt remind you to chew chew chew!! LOL...

anyway enough about that!!

Hope you are all travelling well, take care all

Claire :)

Hi Girls!

Sounds like everyone is teamin along! Awesome news on the purees Courts, you must be wrapped!

Claire I think I have the same midset as you, if you've kept things under control and losing, just stay as things are and your fills are then your tools when plateaus etc hit? Obviously Tony will have his reccomendations, will be interesting to hear!

You must worry about hubby and the vomiting! I sneezed for the first time today and was freaking out as it build up! I survived, but the fear of those stiches!

Have a quick question for you all, with the liquids were you okay getting them down? I love my water, and didn't get particular instructions on what not to do there so I'm sipping slowly, but I can easily drink 400-500ml in an hour - I'm sure the rate that I'm drinking it won't cause any problems but just wondering what advise you all got?

My soups I'm just eating with a teaspoon and after maybe 150ml I'm happy as larry, but soooo thirsty! Thoughts?

Today has been a good day, out of my PJ's made a new soup and cleaned up - on the mend!!

tuffy xx

hey Tuffy, our advice from the nurses on leaving the hospital, was to try and drink about 2 litres a day

so just keep sipping away, but I have heard that you shouldnt drink more than 3 litres a day, not an educated piece of information though!

Sounds like your recovery is going well, any shoulder tip pain?? Hope not!

Have a good weekend ladies

Claire

Hi Claire,

oh good, I didn't think it would stretch anything, but just wanted to double check what others were told :)

A little bit of shoulder tip pain day after hospital (was actually in my right side!) and now just a twinge every now and then in my left side. Today I am feeling GREAT! :lol: Jumped on the scales, 3.4 kg down (might not be a true reflection, but I'm now below my original weigh in with Dr Pat after the couple of kilos I'd gained, so yay!!) and just feeling really positive about it all!

Another question - what are the guidelines on alcohol? I'm going to email Dr Pat to ask, but wondered if anyone knew? My best friend's engagement party is next weekend and it's be easier to sip on a red wine through the night (with waters of course) than have to explain to everyone why I'm not drinking. He wedding is in Bali next November, and I'm a bridesmaid! It will be the first time I haven't been the fat bridesmaid, can't wait! And proper summer clothes! Shorts! Singlets!! How exciting!

Beautiful day down here in Hobart, best get off the net and go enjoy it B)

Hi ALL,

welcome to another week!!

Getting my 2nd fill on friday, decided to go and talk to Tony he's the expert, I figure!

Been travelling very well, weight moving nicely down to 82.6 this week and after a busy weekend, had a birthday to attend on saturday night was a little worried as was my first outing having to eat and drink etc, but went well, was also worried about the alcohol cunsumption, and managed to contain myself quite well...lol!..and not put on any weight over the weekend which is always a worry, i find that weekends are my danger moments, but I survived!!

Tuffy glad to hear things are going well and you are feeling GREAT!...your friends wedding sounds awesome, just imagine where we will all be this time next year, what a lovely thing for you to aim towards and this time knowing you will make it!!

I still find myself pinching myself that i am where i am, nearly 9 weeks banded and down 14kg!!! i would never have imagined that before the band.

Katherine how are you finding the myfitnesspal?? I love it! Been counting my calories religously, and it seems to be working and Im not hungry.. even better,

Courts, hows the mashed vegies coming along? they are soooo good after liquids hey, how are you finding the nutritionist? Something i have thought about, i have read alot of people are using one but not something Tony has mentioned.

Anyway, will talk to you all during the week,

have a good one!!:rolleyes:

Claire

Hi Katherine, how are you? Long time no hear!

Well done on getting through a social weekend! I'm still not sure how I'll go this weekend not drinking, it'll certainly raise some eyebrows as my girlfriends and I are big fans of bubbles!

Oh I can't wait to hit 10 kilos, you must be wrapped with 14! Well Done!!! I started using fitness pal too, but because I'm on liquids, my calories are so low it's not worth it right now! The last two days are the first I've felt hungry really, and I'm starting to feel like I need a bit more that a liquid. I'm happy sticking to the plan though, I'm not going to risk anything tearing, flipping or stretching!!

That said, did any of you girls get serious pain behind your left breast? I'm pretty sure it's actually around where the band is...my god I was in pain last night it was like someone had blown up a fit ball under my ribs. I massaged my ribs for a while and walked about, when I layed down there was LOTS of gurgling but the pain is still there. It's not horrible, probably about a 3/10 but just wondering how long I'll have to put up with it. Only thing I can attribute it to is that I might have drank too much water too fast?

Just found my answer on the gugrling at least!

<LI>Gurgling Noises - not necessarily uncomfortable or dangerous, but it's worth noting. Gurgling noises are completely normal and are due to air in the stomach and the different way that your new digestive system pushes the air through. The best way to avoid gurgling noises is to avoid swallowing air (i.e. avoid carbonated beverages, sipping through a straw, eating or drinking too quickly and chewing gum).

looks like I drank too fast!!!

hi guys, just back from having second fill and yes I now have some restriction..YAY!

Weigh in I was down 4.2 kg, happy, happy,happy.

have a good weekend everyone

Claire

Hey Claire,

That's awesome!! How are you travelling with it? I'm onto mushies this week - everything is feeling good! One sore incision, but the steristrip is still on it, so I'll leave t there till it feels the need to come off I think!

Has anyone used Bio Oil or anything to that effect for the incision scars? Just wondering how soon I can start helping them along with the healing up :)

While since we heard from Courts! Wonder how she is? :)

Hi Everyone,

So Sorry I haven't been on in awhile, life has certainly got back to normal after all the disruptions of surgery etc.

I am doing great, have lost a total of 11.8 now and am starting to notice it in my clothes a little, and I am getting comments from anyone that hasn't seem me for a while about how much I have lost. Still along way to go though, but I am so glad I am on the way!

Loving being on "normal"foods as opposed to soup. loving introducing things back into my diet slowly. Still don't have much hunger, no fill yet and I thought the swelling would have gone down alot by now so I thought I would be hungrier than I am.

Hope your all doing well, Tuffy I hadn't even thought about using Bio Oil, but I will look into it, as my port scar is quite big and ugly :)

courts

xx

Hey Courts!

11.8 well done! How exciting, I'm just over 5kg now and I have to keep reminding myself that it's really only 2 weeks so that's good! I haven't been walking as much as I should so I NEED to get my butt into gear there and start helping myself out! It's so good being off liquids isn't it! We had Cottage pir last night, I went mostly for the mince but it felt AWESOME to be able to chew something!!

I haven't started the Bio Oil yet - I'm actually thinking I'll use Vitamin E caps, but I'm taking Silicea to help my skin out with the healing process! I'm SO confused about my scars! I have a fairly ugly one muself on my far left side - but my steri strip finally came off my lowest scar this morning, and it's 3cm long! I wasn't expecting that!! I'll have to google what scars are what - I though the one on my side was my port, but now seeing how big this one is, I'm thinking I'm wrong! Any ideas?