tuffy

Hello Tasmanians!

Hi again guys!

I'm still on my scars - I have 6 which apparently is more than average, and the one below my belly button is actually 4.5cm exactly!

I've googled and googled and it looks like the low scar is actually a bit odd to have? How many scars do you girls have?

tuffy xx

(of course I'll ask Dr Pat when I next see him, but I'm so curious about everyone else in the meantime!)

Hi Tuffy, I have six scars too. A small one right between my boobs.4 just below that (2 on each side of tummy - sort of) and a big long one on the left hand side a bit lower down - this is where the port is. - The port scar is quite yucky really lol

hope its all going well with you!!

courts

xx

I'm really well.thanks Courts! How're you getting on? Though I've asked my partner to.hide the scales because I'm jumping on every day!

We must get extra incisions in Tas! It'll be weird if my port is so low down though, I was expecting it to be on the side!!

Hi all, how is everyone??

I am doing well, just over 13 kgs lost now, and I am really starting to notice it in my clothes. Not many people have noticed a change but I guess when you are this big it takes awhile for a difference to be seen lol

I am looking forward to christmas, I was meant to have my first fill next week but they rang and had to change the appointment, the only one available was the 21st of Dec, but I am unable to make that, so looks like it will be the new year before I get any in.

that doesn't bother me at all, because I am still losing, still not getting hungry between meals and a small amount easily satisfies me. It will be nice to be able to eat at christmas time, I will need to ensure I don't go overboard though...my willpower is stronger than ever though at the moment :)

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend

xx

courts

Had to do a scar count :)

I have six as well.

I am meant to see Dr P again next week in Launceston but am thinking I will re-schedule until after the New Year, I don't need a fill, probably right where I should be, maybe could have just a smidge out as some things that didn't used to bother me have been, although I could just be needing to go back to the the basics and slow down!!!!

Hey Courts, great to hear from you! Great everything is going well!!!

You guys will never believe it - 4 weeks in, first appointment, I've got a fill!!! Dr P asked me to jump on the table, I thought it was to ceck incisions and he cam over with the needle I literally went "whhaaaat!! I haven't mentally prepared!!! I don't think I need a fill!!!" and continued to ramble about how I'm not hungry, losing well, etc etc he basically said he was going to do it, because I actually won't make any difference at all right now, but in a cuple of weeks it will be a saviour over christmas/new years.

I think his mind was made up, and so now I have 2.5ml and feel no different at all! Well maybe now it's probably 12 before I feel any kind of hunger, rather than 11.

Do any of you guys drink after meals - I know the traditional thinking was you shuldn't, but I've been following the 8 golden rules and he seems to think it is fine? I haven't been hungrier or anything because of it, the only thing that has changed for me is extreme thirst after eating?

Hi Tuffy,

I too see Dr P, and yes 4 weeks in i had my first fill. Not that i thought that I needed it. I just had my second fill, again not they i thought that I needed it, but he must know what he's doing or we would not bee loosing the extra kgs.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.

Hi Tassie Gals!

I'm new to lap banding (surgery yesterday) and only just found the forums now. I had my op at the Hobart Private with Tony. He's lovely!

I have no idea what to expect now. I'm in a lot of discomfort - like really bad reflux from my throat to my stomach. I just wish it would go away! I haven't eaten anything yet, but thought I'd have some soup tonight.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I have the strength to follow this through! I'm absolutely determined! My goal is to lose 25kg by Christmas.

Cheers.

Simone

Welcome Simone , i am hoping for lap band to be done later in April with Tony yes he does seem loverly best of luck with the fuild stage , what end of the state are you based in ? i am Ulverstone.

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a lapband. I have an appointment in two weeks with Dr Patiniotis. I have Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's and Psoriatic Arthritis so I'm hoping that my medical conditions and medications don't rule me out as a candidate!

Hi jem jem

good luck lets us know how you go with Tony top doctor

Hi everyone I'm new to this site, I had my band in by tony in January, apparently it's just a tony thing to have 6 scars. One of the nurses mentioned it to me.

Jaimee.

Hi everyone I'm new to this site, I had my band in by tony in January, apparently it's just a tony thing to have 6 scars. One of the nurses mentioned it to me.

Jaimee.

Hi Jaimee,

Welcome to the site! How has your weightloss been going? It certainly seems it depends who does your surgery as to how many scars you end up with. I'm really not bothered at all by the scars.

Hi JemJem, my weightless is going pretty good :-) I have lost 15.5kgs in 16 weeks. Just hit 2 digits so impressed lol. Yes the scars are nothing in the scheme of things hey :-) have u had your op yet?

• Like 1

Hi JemJem, my weightless is going pretty good :-) I have lost 15.5kgs in 16 weeks. Just hit 2 digits so impressed lol. Yes the scars are nothing in the scheme of things hey :-) have u had your op yet?

Hi JaimeeP

I'm 3 weeks banded tomorrow!

Sounds like you're doing well :) double digits! Congrats!

• Like 1

Hi Ladies,

Have just been reading back through the boards and there have been some very inspirational posts.

I'm a Launnie bandit and was banded by Dr Wilkinson back in August 2010.

I lost 14kg and then fell pregnant and now bub is 4 months old have been back and had two fills of .5ml each, and am up to 6.5ml.

I have a lot of restriction and my appetite has dropped heaps but still have a lot of the 'eating for the sake of it' mentality.

I've now lost just over 17kg and am making it my goal to get to double figures by Christmas this year!

I'm due for another fill very soon but wont push it too much more as I still need to make sure I get enough nutrition to feed my little one.

Peace,

VM :)

• Like 1

Hey veggo mumma

When you were pregnant did Tony take all of your fill out or leave some in?

• Like 1

Hi all, I am hoping to be banded by Tony next month. Reading the posts on this site helped give me the courage to go ahead. I have lots of medical problems and am hoping that over time, this will help get some of them under control.

Tony is fantastic! I also have complex medical issues and Tony is wonderful and supportive about it all :)

• Like 1

Hi guys, I have had my band for a couple of years, but I am only new to this site. Tony did my band as well, very happy with how it has gone so far, I still have some weight to lose, but feel so much better in general. I can move around a lot easier now and don't have to feel so self conscious I guess. From what I have read here, it sounds like many of you have made positive starts to your weight loss, well done! If you want to ask me anything at all, don't hesitate to message me.

• Like 1

Heya Jaimeep,

Mr Wilkinson was my surgeon. When I feel pregnant I had 5.5ml in the band and none was taken out as I didn't have any trouble with it. I checked with him twice throughout the pregnancy to make sure I was okay, and my OB was happy with my nutrition.

Hope this helps :)

• Like 1

Yes this helps thankyou :-) I have a son who's 9 months and was thinking of starting to try to concieve again sometime next year. Would prefer if all the fill didn't have to be removed. I'm down 19kg and its been 5 months, couldn't be happier, ideally would like to be close to goal when I fall pregnant. I have another 26kg to go, something to work towards :-).

• Like 1