Penny83

One week post op

Hi guys I was banded last tuesday the 18th of october, I'm now one week post op and feeling great, I'm after some recipe ideas forth mushy stage and I would love to hear from anyone who has been banded to see how they are progressing and if they have any tips for me. I have lost 4.5kg and I'm stoked with that but the last two days I haven't lost any and I have been really good, what's with that?

Hi guys I was banded last tuesday the 18th of october, I'm now one week post op and feeling great, I'm after some recipe ideas forth mushy stage and I would love to hear from anyone who has been banded to see how they are progressing and if they have any tips for me. I have lost 4.5kg and I'm stoked with that but the last two days I haven't lost any and I have been really good, what's with that?

Hi Penny

The mushie stage was quite good providing you have a blender. I cooked up some vegies (pumpkin, potato, carrot and peas), blended them and added whatever sauce I fancied for flavour or gravy and a small piece of the meat that my husband was having for tea. Once I mushed it up in the blender it was tasty and nutritrious and went down well as i could thin it to the consistency that I wanted. My daughter also cooked me some Thai pumpkin soup and some real french onion soup and both were really nice. I got sick of custards and jellies very quickly as I am not a sweet person but some of the weight watcher puddings are fine and about the right amount as well.

hope that this helps.

Lyn :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi Penny,

I was banded last Tuesday too! You must be with Dr Pat are you? I am with Dr Wilk and he has 4 weeks liquid only, I would love to be starting on mashies next week but unfortunately I have another 3 weeks to go :(

How are you feeling, is your recovery going well?

I was probably just going to eat lots of soft mash vegies, maybe casserole type things that have been cooked for along time and have a nice gravy type sauce to help ease them down.

I promised myself that I wasn't going to weight myself every day....but I couldn't help myself, although I have no appetite and think i have done good one day the scales don't really reflect it at the time. I have lost about 5.3 which I am really happy about.

Will be great to compare stories and recipies etc with you

Courts

Hi Penny! :)

Welcome and Congrat's on the 4.5kg loss! Glad to hear you are recovering well. I am yet to be banded and can't wait to be sharing losses with other bandits. :P

I am so excited to see the Tassie crew growing on here as well! :D

Look forward to watching your progress!

Hi everyone thanks so much for your replys, courts I am with dr pat he is awesome, I can't believe you are on liquids for 4 weeks that completely sucks. I have been a bit naughty and I have been having some mushy foods already. I had some taco mince last night and some blended risotto tonight, it was all very smooth and went Down well. I went to the gym last night and that went well also but I just wasn't that into it. I'm really looking forward to my first fill on the 18th of november, I'm hoping that brings some restriction for me. I'm pleased I have found someone who was banded at the same time, we can swap lots of info xx

Hi Penny, welcome and well done with your progress so far, I love to watch the scales come down cos this time I know its not coming back like it has every other time!!...I was also banded by Tony, great Dr, I have my 2nd fill on the 18th Nov, in Launnie, are you in the north???

Claire

Hi Penny, welcome and well done with your progress so far, I love to watch the scales come down cos this time I know its not coming back like it has every other time!!...I was also banded by Tony, great Dr, I have my 2nd fill on the 18th Nov, in Launnie, are you in the north???

Claire

Hi Claire,

Yep I am Launceston, sobwe are getting fill on the same day, mine is at 9.45am. How is the banding going for you? How long have you had it now? This is the best site ever, I love hearing everyone elses stories

Hi Penny, my appointment is 3.30, been banded since 13th Sept, sooo about 6 weeks going well, feeling awesome, no major stuck moments, able to pretty much eat what i like but i avoid bread and anything crunchy!! I am scared about getting food stuck, so I chew to a rediculous level, but it is proving a good thing to do, my hubby was also banded on the same day, and I have seen him have to vomit to unlodge un chewed food, and its not a pretty sight!.... :o But he is learning the same as i am, I also love this site and find I log on everyday to check everyones progress and experiences, good luck with you first fill, it is so quick has you in and out in a flash!

How are you going with it all??

Have you told many people??

I want to scream it from the roof tops, but from experience from the few people I have told, some are great and have loads of questions and are understanding and others just dont want to know and just simply dont get it at all...weird, so i have decided to keep it pretty much to myself with only a few people knowing, one day I might but not for now.

take care

Claire

Hi Claire,

I'm going really well with it, it's actually hard to believe I have even got it, I just feel normal. I have told everyone, I wanted everyone to know, I thought it might make me work harder at it, I have Been pretty bad this weekend eating (sucking) things I really shouldn't be, but like I said I don't feel any different and I'm always hungry. I'm hoping my fill makes a difference. I really hoped to loose a lot of weight in the first few weeks but I have been stuck on a 4kg weight loss for over a week. Hopefully things start happening soon, I have a cocktail party on the 18th and I was really hoping to have lost more by then. Thanks for replying it's great hearing from you

I'm going really well with it, it's actually hard to believe I have even got it, I just feel normal.

Penny83 you have no idea how happy this statement makes me!! My biggest concern has been how 'aware' of the band/port I might be after the procedure - your comment was wonderful to read!!

tuffy xx

the littlest sentence can be the most reassuring!! And I forgot to say CONGRATS on a 4.5kg loss!! That is awesome!!

Courts, I found a doctors journal online the other night browsing on my phone about the benefits of a longer liquid phase, being in a journal it was quite interesting (and motivating! my god the stats he was talking about and loss percentages was MOTIVATING!) I'll see if I can figure out the history on my phone so I can forward you the link!

tuffy xx

Tuffy, that would be great if you could forward me the link. At the moment I am struggling to understand why my doc says 4 and every other doc seems to say 2 weeks. I know he must have his reasons and he isn't just doing it to torture me :)

hehehe, well I dunnnooooo. He could just be a masachist!

I'm trying to find it now :) Those figures and results will keep you going!

Love the ticker!!:lol:

tuffy xx