Craftybandit

December Bandits 2011

Hi guys, we all seem to have gone quiet here on December!!

I think I have a haematoma under my port site as large lump and a bit ouchy at times if I move the wrong way or have been sitting and then get up. The clinic say its quite common and probably take a little longer to feel better ...grrrr. I want to be out exercising again but it hurts so will have to stick to walking and gantle kayaking .

Hope you're all doing ok.

Greetings all

Well all has been normal for me. Still the same & no restriction as of yet. So jealous of a 4.5ml fill!! :) Cant wait for the next one.. I really have no restriction. I thought I did the first day but think it was in my head. haha.. The only thing that I cant gulp down is double thick custard... that one thing def seems to take time to digest. Im back onto mushies but enjoying it a fair bit now. Ive been making potatoe/sweet potatoe/cauliflower/carrots/cream cheese mash and I live off the stuff! haha.. I also eat lots of puddings, custards, scrambled eggs... its all good so far. I also blended a few main meals- like a green curry (YUM) and the other night hubby and I made a Chicken korma, and I just ate the potatoe, sweet potatoe and sauce. Tonight think were having spaghetti and meat sauce (blended of course) :) YUM! We are headed away on holidays on Wed for a week so excited for that. Ive had people commenting on my weight loss so I guess these last 10kg (going by the weight the dietician weighed me at) are making a bit of a difference. Im still fluctuating from that 130-132kg mark but Im assuming I just have to cop that until I get another fill. I think the next doc appt is on Feb 3 and he should be pretty willing to give a big fill then. Im actually happy as Ive kinda been eased into the band situation, even tho I dont feel the restriction Im sure theres a minor amount there and its giving me time to get used to the mush and stuff.

Its all good.. I will be dissapointed if I get on the plane and it hurts to sit in the seat (has happened before).. but I just gotta go with it and start the exercising and just follow the rules.

Hope everyones going well and that the weight loss keeps flowing! :)

I am pretty much the same old kylie lol.. slowly plotting along. Have been walking everyday for a minimum of 40 minutes. Today i took the MASSIVE plunge and joined the gym so im pretty excited about that but also nervous. I walked in and without a lie all i could see was small bodies, i kinda just wanted to run out and not bother but i know its going to help, so i have my first personal training session on monday they will weight me, do all my measurements and train me for an hour and write up a program to suite me and my needs.

I go back to the surgeon on wednesday.. it will be about 5 weeks post op so fingers tightly crossed they will give me a fill. I find myself wondering around my kitchen looking for food because im hungry almost most of the time. My meals are still ALOT smaller then what they were previous to the surgery but not as small as what they should be.

I have not weighed myself and will not weight myself until i get to the surgeon on wednesday last time i did weight myself i had lost 12.2kg's. Fingers crossed by wednesday with all my walking and not so bad eating that number goes up to 13 or even 14:)

I went back to work today for the first time, i had actually resigned before having the surgery as i knew i would need a bit of a break & starting uni this year so i wanted a break before studying full time but they rang me pleading with me if i could do a bit of work, so soft kylie gave it. Never mind saves me not sitting on my bottom all day and earning some money that i will now need to pay for the gym.

Love to you all.. hope everyone is doing well & feeling back to normal. xx

sorry about all my spelling errors and crap grammar i was rushing to head back to work! x

Hi All

Been going well here!

Had 2nd fill today, have 3.8 total, had 2.8 and then 1ml today. Have lost another 2.5kg since the 5th Jan, and 10kg in total :)

People have started noticing in my face which is great :)

Chat soon

x

well done crafty I am still waiting for my first fill but hey it will happen onlt 2 days to go.

Isn't it great when people start to notice i can't wait for my first comment from people who don't know about my banding.

Kilye i tried to put up a photo and it kept telling me that it was not allowed, so i will keep trying and maybe one day i will have one up.

Everyone is doing really well and it is slowly paying off. My 4.5ml fill has done nothing so im not sure how much i will need at my next fill but it is only in 6 weeks.

I had the blockage today.... Have to agree with Munchkin it is the scariest thing ever and the pain was so so terrible i thought i was going to die! I will now not eat too quickly and go back to ensuring i chew my food properly instead of thinking i can get a way with murder. There i thought i could eat a chicken kebab and i was soooo looking forward to it....

The head hunger and real hunger thing I am battling with, is anyone else still eating even although they are full or grazing as my doctor calls it?

Hi everyone,

Had my first appointment with the surgeon & dietician today since being banded on the 15th december.

Dietician appointment went well she gave me some good tips, i struggle to eat or drink much before about midday, apparently normal as your lying down all night the band tightens in the morning. She thinks from what i told her that i need to have some more calcium in my diet as i basically have none. I also asked her about having a snack in the afternoon as i tend to get hungry between 3-4, she suggested just having a handful of nuts or yogurt. She said having an afternoon snack is fine because im not eating in the morning.

I then met with the surgeon! Turns out i have quite high cholesterol (sorry my spelling is no good not sure if thats the correct spelling) he hopes that now im banded & eating better & smaller amounts it will go down. That showed up on the blood test i had pre banding. Perhaps around the time i was having a million "last suppers" of lots of fatty foods. Still a bit worrying though as it runs in the family.

We then discussed restriction, how much i can eat etc. He wasnt sure how much i had in my band at the time of my surgery.

So lying down very nervously he started pushing down and feeling around my stomach (quite painful? probably even worse as i am extremely sun burnt) he found it quite quickly & in went the needle nothing too bad but i couldnt stop thinking about it which was making me feel sick.

He got out all that was in there which was 3.5 mls & then added a further 0.5 ml so i now have a total of 4mls.

It has been WONDERFUL today, i have not been hungry at all and literally had to force myself to eat & drink. Fingers crossed it stays that way...

I havent been feeling very well today, not sure if its because im extremely burnt and have a bit of sunstroke or what. Anyhow drove down the south coast today after my appointment to my parents holiday house for a few days. Went to bi-lo to get some groceries for mum & nearly passed out.

Got home had a drink of water and straight away i knew i was about to vomit. 2 seconds later im throwing up.. i hadnt eaten since like 4 hours before that so there wasnt alot to come up just the water i had just drunk..very weird. I dont think the band is too tight or anything like that because i managed to eat some salad for lunch. I ended up eating some dinner soon after and it all went down fine.

Iv lost a total of 12kg's which im very pleased about but expected more. I havent had a loss of anything for atleast a week and a half hopefully now that im a bit tighter and not able to eat as much i start loosing at little more.

Hope everyone else is going well... x

Good to hear your news Kylie. Hopefully the vomiting is a one off!

I have my second fill tomorrow. Currently have 2.5mls in a 10ml band and have NO restriction whatsoever. Have been fighting every day to eat well. Hoping that tomorrow's fill helps!

Am looking forward to next week, as am heading off to Byron Bay for two weeks! Yay!!!

Hi all i have my first fill today and last night dicovered this was very bad timing, the kids are going to mums on friday so it was going to be a romantic dinner for two at the indian resturant, but then i remembered that i will be on liquids for 2-3 days after a fill so no indian for me. :( but hey i haven't lost any weight in a while so i am hoping that this fill will kick start me again.

Lets hope Elly hehe. I have still been feeling funny this morning, everytime i stand up i get the feeling im going to pass out, i think its mainly due to my extreme sunburn & im probably a bit dehydrated.

Onestepforward... my doctor never said anything about liquids he said just dont go crazy eating steaks and dry chicken etc. He actually recommended currys to me as the meat is quite soft. I had satay chicken and rice last night, only a very very small amount after my fill but it all went down with no problem i just made sure i had extra satay sauce on my rice and ate very slow. You could still go for dinner, perhaps ask for extra sauce in a curry.

I also have stalled on the weightloss as i lost alot of restriction, so fingers crossed after fills our weightloss gets moving again:)

ok so first fill is done and over it was easy and not bad at all. I don't know how big my band is but i got 5ml put in as i am 6 wks post op if i was 3 wks post op it would have only been 1-2ml.

I am however on liquids for 2 days and then mushies for 1-2 days and then normal food. I am going to take it easy and follow my Dr instructions to a tea. I don't like throwing up and wish to avoid it at all cost. I go back in 2 wks to see how i am coping.

Kilye how are you feeling now lets hope you can get some fluids into you and get over that sunburn. Next time remember sunscreen!!

wow, 5ml all at once. You will notice a big difference:) I currently have 4ml and have a fair bit of restriction. Yes i wont be going in the sun anytime soon, its very painful:(

I had my second fill today. Another 1.5mls, taking it to a total of 4mls in my 10ml band.

Went out with my sis to The Teahouse and whilst having lunch I had my first experience of a blockage. Tried to wait for the food to go down but before I knew it... it all came back up again. I think it was somewhere between a productive burp and vomit, as it never actually hit my stomach. Luckily I managed to grab the napkin in time before I made a spectacle of myself! It was a reminder that I need to chew my food properly!!

Anyway, will see how I go with the added fill. :)

Long time no see Decembef bandits!

I went for my first fill today (banded on 5 December) as I had to wait for surgeon to get back from holidays.

Guess what?!

Flipped port :-(

What are the odds of this happening?

I've lots 10 kilos but I was dying to get filled to start seeing real results. Now I have to go to public hospital to get it fixed.

Long time no see Decembef bandits!

I went for my first fill today (banded on 5 December) as I had to wait for surgeon to get back from holidays.

Guess what?!

Flipped port :-(

What are the odds of this happening?

I've lots 10 kilos but I was dying to get filled to start seeing real results. Now I have to go to public hospital to get it fixed.

Oh no!! you are not serious? I am so sorry.... when are you going to have it fixed?

Emma, sorry to hear that there are issues and i really do hope that once the port is fixed that you can move on with you journy and new life. 10kgs is a great loss so far. If you don't mind me asking why did you have to go throu the public system, was it quicker to do it this way?

Great to see all your posts December bandits :) I'm still on holiday and not on line as often. It's great to hear you have restriction Kylie, can't wait to get there for my first fill, we are actually coming back to Sydney next week so may try to move my appointment forward a week as at the moment not booked until Feb 6th and had the surgery on Dec 20th. Will power!!!!

Have finally lost another kilo and a half after four loooooong weeks of no weight loss. I know it's healing time blah blah, but seriously boring when you are on will power alone keeping your calories and food under control and still clinging to your fat stores!!!!

I have upped the exercise and the calories and seems to be working. I am now walking for an hour to an hour and a half in the morning, briskly and with hills, then kayaking for an hour later in the day. The rest of the time lazing by the pool reading etc so need to do that exercise to kick my body into action.

Also I think my port is finally getting over itself! Can still feel the haematoma but not so ouchy anymore, can actually bend over to tie up my runners rather than the procedure it was :) Was having to get my foot on my knee then could only just get the laces done up on the side of my shoe, bending forward that extra bit to get the bow in the middle was toooooo much lol. It's the small things we learn to appreciate.

Keep up the good work everyone and keep applying the sunscreen Kylie!

I have to go through the public system because I withdrew the money from my super and don't have any to go private to have the port fixed.

Hey all.. were on holidays at the moment and finding it insanely hard to stick to mush, esp with no dang restriction! I feel im gaining weight cuz all im eating is carbs and eggs and custards. It truly is harder now than the optifast prior to surgery. Should have brought some of that with me and just live off that again. Seriously think I will when I get home cuz im feeling very lousy. All wounds seem to be great and I'm sleeping on my tummy again. Think im plugged up tonight tho as terrible tummy pains with the shoulder pain again?? Anyways not long till my proper fill, cant wait! Hope to be around more once I get home again. Xx

Hi all .........off to see the doctor in the morning hopefully i will have my first fill .........am looking forward to it as im eating anything at the moment

Hi all .........off to see the doctor in the morning hopefully i will have my first fill .........am looking forward to it as im eating anything at the moment

I hope it all goes well, just remember to take it easy after, i had 5ml put in on thurs last week and am at mushies now and had a few moments where i am not able to get it down and it comes back up. I think i might need some out at my next visit i think this might be a bit to much but i will let it settle and reasses later.

How is everyone feeling on this new week, i am feeling great had a good weekend and lost nearly 2 kgs this week.

Finally, I am going to have my first fill tomorrow. Am really hoping that this kicks start me on my weight loss journey. Feels like forever that I've had to wait for this day to come, 8 weeks post op.

Me and band YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY, Lets hope that you feel the difference and you will be well on your way to a good kick up the butt. :D

Let us know how it goes.