Craftybandit

December Bandits 2011

Me and band YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY, Lets hope that you feel the difference and you will be well on your way to a good kick up the butt. :D

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks onestepforward!.........that's exactly what I need, considering my weight has been slowly creeping up and this morning the scales showed that I was .5 kg up to my weight on surgery day. I really need to see those numbers going down......so let's hope this fill DOES make a difference to how my appetite has been and get this weight loss happening!

How are you feeling after your fill? Noticing a difference? Will let you know how I go!

went saw doctor this morning he is quite happy with the way im going..........he put nearly 2mls in now i have 4mls all up in a 12ml band ...........been taking it easy only on mushie food for a couple of days ..........hopefully this will kick start my weight lost again ....go back to see him on the 23rd of march

Munchkin I will tell you now you are not alone I did the same thing yesturday but mine was a custard tart after i had just finished lunch. Well that made me super full and the pain was so bad in my chest and side that i had to go lie down and couldn't move for around an hour. I will never never never not think before i eat again that was as painful as when i had the shoulder pain and needed morphine.

The things we go through to learn a valuble lesson.

Hi everyone,

Had my first appointment with the surgeon & dietician today since being banded on the 15th december.

Dietician appointment went well she gave me some good tips, i struggle to eat or drink much before about midday, apparently normal as your lying down all night the band tightens in the morning. She thinks from what i told her that i need to have some more calcium in my diet as i basically have none. I also asked her about having a snack in the afternoon as i tend to get hungry between 3-4, she suggested just having a handful of nuts or yogurt. She said having an afternoon snack is fine because im not eating in the morning.

I then met with the surgeon! Turns out i have quite high cholesterol (sorry my spelling is no good not sure if thats the correct spelling) he hopes that now im banded & eating better & smaller amounts it will go down. That showed up on the blood test i had pre banding. Perhaps around the time i was having a million "last suppers" of lots of fatty foods. Still a bit worrying though as it runs in the family.

We then discussed restriction, how much i can eat etc. He wasnt sure how much i had in my band at the time of my surgery.

So lying down very nervously he started pushing down and feeling around my stomach (quite painful? probably even worse as i am extremely sun burnt) he found it quite quickly & in went the needle nothing too bad but i couldnt stop thinking about it which was making me feel sick.

He got out all that was in there which was 3.5 mls & then added a further 0.5 ml so i now have a total of 4mls.

It has been WONDERFUL today, i have not been hungry at all and literally had to force myself to eat & drink. Fingers crossed it stays that way...

I havent been feeling very well today, not sure if its because im extremely burnt and have a bit of sunstroke or what. Anyhow drove down the south coast today after my appointment to my parents holiday house for a few days. Went to bi-lo to get some groceries for mum & nearly passed out.

Got home had a drink of water and straight away i knew i was about to vomit. 2 seconds later im throwing up.. i hadnt eaten since like 4 hours before that so there wasnt alot to come up just the water i had just drunk..very weird. I dont think the band is too tight or anything like that because i managed to eat some salad for lunch. I ended up eating some dinner soon after and it all went down fine.

Iv lost a total of 12kg's which im very pleased about but expected more. I havent had a loss of anything for atleast a week and a half hopefully now that im a bit tighter and not able to eat as much i start loosing at little more.

Hope everyone else is going well... x

Just reading ur commentI was banded 16 dec I can eat everything. I have never vomited. I thought. I'd have more restriction like all of u. Had a full last mon I've got 2.5 and going for next fill next mon. Hoping I'll get more coz I feel kinda normal and my control for food is really difficult

Booked into public hospital for 8 feb. hope I don't get put off a million times.

Not quite the start I had hoped for but oh we'll.

That's terrible news Emma! Just happened to my friend. She's 3yrs post op, went for a fll and they actually can't find it. Very scared! I'm sure all will be fine.

Did u self fund? Is that why ur waiting on

Public hospital?

Hope all gets sorted 😊

Everyone is doing really well and it is slowly paying off. My 4.5ml fill has done nothing so im not sure how much i will need at my next fill but it is only in 6 weeks.

I had the blockage today.... Have to agree with Munchkin it is the scariest thing ever and the pain was so so terrible i thought i was going to die! I will now not eat too quickly and go back to ensuring i chew my food properly instead of thinking i can get a way with murder. There i thought i could eat a chicken kebab and i was soooo looking forward to it....

The head hunger and real hunger thing I am battling with, is anyone else still eating even although they are full or grazing as my doctor calls it?

I am and I hate it!!

Think I've relaxed a bit and coz I can eat.everything I do. I'm so guilty and so bad!! Im so hungry though! And I'm sure I need lots more liquid. I'm 5 wks post op and only 2.ml. Feel sad. No weight loss :(

Just reading ur commentI was banded 16 dec I can eat everything. I have never vomited. I thought. I'd have more restriction like all of u. Had a full last mon I've got 2.5 and going for next fill next mon. Hoping I'll get more coz I feel kinda normal and my control for food is really difficult

Your not alone, i can still eat any type of food, though i am only eating a small amount of it :)

I feel "Normal" but dont feel "normal" for a bander as in "normal" for a bander most cant eat bread, steak etc

Guess its still only early days, i have 3.8mils in (Over 2 fills) and was banded 1st Dec, not sure what size band i have, guess i should ask next app!!!

Felt so guily last night, had my first ice cream in i dont know how long, since before banding! Was so hot in Perth and that time of month and needed one and then felt so bad LOL

An update on me, all going well. Have lost 13kg's in total.. although its come to a hault at the moment which is really getting to me. Iv joined the gym, been going every day. Apparently not eating enough says my mum.. iv been tracking my calories and only eating around 600 a day, no where near enough. I dont eat until about 1:30pm as im just not hungry before then? Perhaps i need to force myself to eat more? So i have my lunch at 1:30 and then dinner at around 6:30/7 and absolutely no snacking in between then because im still full from lunch.

Like some of you have said you can still eat everything, just in smaller amounts. As can i, im eating steak, chicken everything!! i can even eat bread still but iv put a stop to that just incase something doesnt go right and i get a blockage and besides bread is no good for me anyway.

Im almost considering ringing the clinic and booking an earlier appointment for another fill, im not booked in again until the 16th of Feb.. but in saying that im only eating 600 calories so maybe i dont need another filll?

Can anyone give some sort of insight? iv had a 1kg loss over about 3 weeks, eating well. Iv only joined the gym in the past week and been 3 times so it cant be muscle.

Do you think it could be because im not eating enough calories?

I might also add that i have not yet had a stuck moment, iv had moments where i feel a bit under the weather fom eating too much but no actual PB episodes! Im proud of myself considering i was being naughty for a week or so where i ate things i definately shouldnt have i.e some cheesburger from maccas- yes you can air slap me, im a naughty girl... but no more!

Kyile i had my appointment with the dietician last night and there was a lady there just like you not eating enough, she was told to increase her in take and make sure that she was eating enough protein 46g a day for women. It sounds like you have enough restriction because you arn't feeling hungry and it would get worse if you had an ajustment. Try and eat more and i find a food diary helps me understand where i am lacking.

Well done on going to the gym what a great step but that is even more reason now to eat more you are burning more and you don't won't to go into starvation mode.

Your not alone, i can still eat any type of food, though i am only eating a small amount of it :)

I feel "Normal" but dont feel "normal" for a bander as in "normal" for a bander most cant eat bread, steak etc

Guess its still only early days, i have 3.8mils in (Over 2 fills) and was banded 1st Dec, not sure what size band i have, guess i should ask next app!!!

Felt so guily last night, had my first ice cream in i dont know how long, since before banding! Was so hot in Perth and that time of month and needed one and then felt so bad LOL

Don't feel guilty. I'm really struggling with chocolate lollies etc. I eat less for sure but still eating bit of junk at nite. Knw I'm not meant to.

I've got to get more saline next fill, I'm sure it'll help cravings.

Don't feel guilty. I'm really struggling with chocolate lollies etc. I eat less for sure but still eating bit of junk at nite. Knw I'm not meant to.

I've got to get more saline next fill, I'm sure it'll help cravings.

Kyile i had my appointment with the dietician last night and there was a lady there just like you not eating enough, she was told to increase her in take and make sure that she was eating enough protein 46g a day for women. It sounds like you have enough restriction because you arn't feeling hungry and it would get worse if you had an ajustment. Try and eat more and i find a food diary helps me understand where i am lacking.

Well done on going to the gym what a great step but that is even more reason now to eat more you are burning more and you don't won't to go into starvation mode.

Thanks, that was my understanding as well. I was a bit intimidated by the dietician, not sure why. She was a different one to the one i first went to and felt i couldnt really ask all the questions i needed to ask.

Im not sure how much protein, veges, calcium etc a banded person should be having a day. I need to start asking more questions at my appointments rather then sitting back because then i get home and im not sure if im doing things right.

I also agree that if i got another fill i may get sick or not be able to eat near as much as i am now and even now isnt enough.

Hope you are all going well? enjoying the journey.. xx

Thanks, that was my understanding as well. I was a bit intimidated by the dietician, not sure why. She was a different one to the one i first went to and felt i couldnt really ask all the questions i needed to ask.

Im not sure how much protein, veges, calcium etc a banded person should be having a day. I need to start asking more questions at my appointments rather then sitting back because then i get home and im not sure if im doing things right.

I also agree that if i got another fill i may get sick or not be able to eat near as much as i am now and even now isnt enough.

Wow! I'm dying for some sort of restriction! My. Next fill is mon I'm going to insist she puts more the. Just. .5 ml. That did nothing and I need this to start working feeling sad just ate lollies...:::I knw very bad. :(

wow 13kgs is great Kylie - I think we were banded about hte same time (14/12) I have lost 9kgs and only have 2ml in but I am still finding it very hard and can eat pretty well anything just not as much. I have noticed my tastebuds have changed as I would previoulsy had a few cold beers over these last few days of 40+ degree temperature - but I haven't felt like it - miracle of miracles. I think the trick is to eat more calories as I found last week - starved myself but didn't lose - this week I have increased food and lost already. Like you I would like to know how much protein/carb/fat in mg I should be having

I have an appointment with dietician next week so will be asking that. will now go back to fitnesspal and check out my intake of protein.

wow 13kgs is great Kylie - I think we were banded about hte same time (14/12) I have lost 9kgs and only have 2ml in but I am still finding it very hard and can eat pretty well anything just not as much. I have noticed my tastebuds have changed as I would previoulsy had a few cold beers over these last few days of 40+ degree temperature - but I haven't felt like it - miracle of miracles. I think the trick is to eat more calories as I found last week - starved myself but didn't lose - this week I have increased food and lost already. Like you I would like to know how much protein/carb/fat in mg I should be having

I have an appointment with dietician next week so will be asking that. will now go back to fitnesspal and check out my intake of protein.

Yeah i was banded on the 15th. I havent weighed myself for a few days so fingers crossed with all the gym & healthy exercise something has budged. 2ml isnt alot when do you get another fill? Hopefully you find a bit of restriction once you have a fill..9kg's is excellent!

I have also increased my food as im almost sure its why im not losing weight because im barely eating... id like to know how much protein, calcium etc we should be having each day. Something ill definitely be asking on the 15th of Feb when i go back.

I have been coming to Byron Bay since 1997 and never been able to complete the walk up to the lighthouse. I did it today! It was hard work but I actually did it! YAY! Big thanks to my big sis for all her encouragement and patience.

I have been coming to Byron Bay since 1997 and never been able to complete the walk up to the lighthouse. I did it today! It was hard work but I actually did it! YAY! Big thanks to my big sis for all her encouragement and patience.

Well Done :)

just cracked the 10kgs lost today. I am 2 weeks post first fill and lost 1.4kgs in 2 weeks since fill. I think it is time for another fill as I really have no restrcition but good to still be losing so I guess my head is doing some of the work

Well Done :)

Thank you! Felt good to achieve it after all these years. How are you going? X