Craftybandit

December Bandits 2011

Congrats London Calling that is excellent. I am going to the gym almost every day doing a really good work out & have had absolutely no weight loss, infact i have put on a kg since my first fill which was on the 18th of Jan. I have been counting calories and only eating around 600 calories a day, i have been told by my mum and a few others that maybe thats why im not loosing weight because im not eating enough? Can everyone else give me an idea on what you eat in a day?

Its really starting to get me down because im working so hard & eating so well and not getting any results. ( its definitely not muscle as i have only been a member of the gym for a week)

Im not eating all that much at meals so im a bit undecided in wether another fill is going to help me or not? Maybe i should just bite the bullet and ring the clinic and book for another fill and if its too tight then its too tight and i go back and have it removed.

Thanks Kylie. Sounds as though your body is going into starvation mode because you are not eating enough. If you have a dietitian you should probably speak to them about this. Good luck!

Well i see the Dr on thur and i think i may need some taken out i am struggling to eat anything that is not as thick as custard. I am not eatting too much that is for sure and when i do eat solids 8/10 times it comes back up after 4 mouthfuls. so really not enough. I too have only lost 300gms this week so maybe it is just the week for it.

Welldone london calling what an achivement.

Kilye don't worry too much this is a 2 yr process and your body will go up and down.

Girlbaby 41 what a milestone 10kgs well done to you too.

To all others i hope you are well and coping with the new you.

Hi All December Bandits

Well our journeys are all well under way now.... We are all settling into our new banded lives !!

It is great to watch everybody's progress and the steps we are all taking in this next phase of our lives.

I have just returned from an hour in the bush walking/jogging with my hubby . I wear my heart rate monitor and get a calorie count, makes it all worthwhile, 637 calories burnt today, Yipee.

I am still very, very slowly losing weight and have my first fill on the 6th of Feb, long overdue and looking forward to it now, as will power alone is tedious at times, thankfully MyFitnessPal and my husband have kept me right on track, motivated and encouraged.

Went out shopping yesterday for a couple of new smart linen t-shirts for work, got to shop at Witchery, haven't done that in a long time and as the t-shirts were a very baggy fit, only needed a medium, even longer time since that has happened.

Keep up the good work everyone, this is our year to succeed.

Hey there, have a bit of a question for everyone. Does the area where your port ever ache? Mine has healed well but all of a sudden it is achey. Wondering if this is a common thing. Thanks!

Yes, not all the time. Only when i do too much, lie on it funny or sometimes after doing weights at the gym. Its still tender i think from surgery give it a few months before you worry about it too much

Hey there, have a bit of a question for everyone. Does the area where your port ever ache? Mine has healed well but all of a sudden it is achey. Wondering if this is a common thing. Thanks!

I have had no issues with my port area mybe it might be a good idea to talk to your Dr about it and see if it is normal.

Well i saw the Dr again and we decided not to change anything i am still getting used to having 5ml in and on some occasions it dose bite me but i have worked out that i cant have dairy with a solid food so my sncks are now dairy and i get all other things from my meals. I also went over my blood results with the Dr again just to see if i needed a boost in any areas but i am safe in all . I have started taking iron melts and they have lots of good things in them.

So plodding along now. How is everyone coming along. Interested to know how much everyone is eating. Is anyone eating the half cup that my surgeon keeps talking about? :)

Hi All,

Hope everyone is coping well with their new bandit life and starting to see some great results. I am still plodding along, too! Went for my 2nd fill today and now have 3.7 ml. On my scales I lost .6kg in the last 2 weeks. On the doctors scales he said I'd lost 1.6 kg and that was good.Hopefully now, I think I am starting to get to the stage of loosing a bit quicker as I am feeling so full today and haven't eaten much at all compared to what I have been having. I am looking forward to some good weight loss over the next 3 weeks before I'm off cruising on March 1st for 15 days. That will be interesting how I cope on a cruise with the huge amount of food that's available to choose from! Hope it's not too much of a challenge. I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks time, so fingers crossed for a great weight loss then.

Well Done Meandband

I had 3rd fill yest, now have 4.8mls in the band.

Been loosing a kg a week so happy with that, need to get my butt into gear and do more exercise :)

Hi everyone, i had my 3rd fill last friday it was great for a few days, i lost a kg in 3 days but now have lost a fair bit of restriction again. I currently have 5.1ml.I think i just need to stick it out instead of ringing to make an earlier appointment for another fill, i need to learn to control my food intake on my own. Im going to the gym 5 days a week, still not getting alot of results on the scales :( i know that the cm's are going down though. xxx

Hang in there Kylie, remember what you have achieved in a few short weeks. I think you and I are about as patient as each other NOT!!!! It is quite frustrating to read about people losing huge amounts quickly but we must remember it also depends on your start point. We are doing well and are on track. Keep smiling and thinking thin.

Well hello hello,

been a while and been on ups and downs the past few weeks. I am finding now that i can eat almost anything again just have to concentrate on chewing. I have been having a few stuck moments but that is due to eating to quickly and not chewing. ( i really need to concentrate when i eat and not talk or be distracted by other things)

I didn't have my second fill as i am still having to think so much so i am stil at 5ml. I have only lost 100gms this week but i know it is due to the food i am putting in my mouth. Why will i never learn. As for exercise i have been walkiing more but the plan i had in place to start in Feb never happened and it needs to NOW!!!

Kilye i admire your effort in going to the gym well done. you will be toned and sexy in no time.

Feeling deflated. Was pretty good whilst I was away and exercised every day. Somehow I have managed to put on 2 kilos! Had expected to have lost at least 2 kilos. Very dejected.

London: :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I am trying to blow you up again and this was the closest face to it.

I always try to look at the big picture when i put on weight or lose very little. I keep reminding my self that this is at least a 2 yr process and i will have my ups and downs. But if my overall weight loss is still going down then a little hicupp will not get me down and if it does i have the support of my medical team dr's and dietician and of course everyone on here. Keep your chin up and post as much as you need. You will get past this slump and be back on your way in no time.

London: :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I am trying to blow you up again and this was the closest face to it.

I always try to look at the big picture when i put on weight or lose very little. I keep reminding my self that this is at least a 2 yr process and i will have my ups and downs. But if my overall weight loss is still going down then a little hicupp will not get me down and if it does i have the support of my medical team dr's and dietician and of course everyone on here. Keep your chin up and post as much as you need. You will get past this slump and be back on your way in no time.

Thank you! Just a bit bummed. Can't seem to get over the 110kg bump! Went for a 1 hour walk today and am back on Optifast for 2 meals a day. Hoping that this will kick start something.

The best of luck to everyone!

Hello everyone it's been quite a while since I have posted , sounds like everyone is plodding along .

Kylie very impressed with you effort in the gym , I have been walking regularly but probably need to step it up a bit .

Old habits have been creeping back over the last couple of weeks when I get home from work I tend to be snacking :-( I have lost 17kg since I started Opti 10 weeks ago and I am really happy with that just need to get the head in the right place . I have had one fill on the 20/1 I have been fortunate as I haven't had any real problems eating anything , other than some indigestion when I have eaten a bit to much. I am booked for another visit on the 16/3 do hopefully I can just keep trying to do the best I can till then :-)

Hope everyone has a great weekend , chat soon !

After a disappointing "weigh in" on Thursday, have managed to get back down to 110. Am busting a gut to say goodbye to the 110s. Walking every day and am eating well. Seeing Mr Blamey on Thursday and will be having my third fill.

Have had a few blockages. Really need to learn to chew more and slow down! Happens most frequently when I am really hungry and forget to chew for those first few bites.

Not much else going on. Hope everyone is going well!

London that is great news that you have moved a bit. must have been all that hot air i filled you with LOL.

Kilye how are you going?

Kelbel what a great loo of 17kgs. I think now that you have identified with the old habits coming back you can squash them before they get too bad.

As for me down another 600gms and plodding along nicely i too am not as stric as i shoud be but i will learn and i WILL train myself to make better choices in food and exercise.

Where is everyone else hope you are all well and not having too much trouble staying focused

Im plodding along, have fallen into this deep hole and struggling to get out of it. Have been eating absolutely shocking & no gym because im quite frankly just so pissed off that the weight is not coming off.

I can eat everything and anything, i finish a meal and within 20 minutes im hungry again :( I dont know what to do next??? Im tempted to ring the clinic again... i was only there 9 days ago though and im afraid they will say no to me to come in for an earlier appointment. Im really lost, confused not sure what to do? The weight just isnt budging before friday i was eating absolutely perfect, increased my calories and was going to the gym 5 days a week and NOTHING!

I hope you are all going some what better then i am :( xx

Kylie totally understand the frustration but you need to give it time. I am also slowly learning the art of patience when it comes to weight loss. You are doing really well!

Have cracked into 109 territory. Hoping to say goodbye to the 110s forever. Next goal is to get to double digits. How is everyone else going? Very quiet on the December Bandit site!

Congrats Elly! thats excellent, im pottering around early 90's. I rang my clinic on monday to see if i could make an earlier appointment for a fill as i wasnt due to go back until the 2nd of March they said yup come in Wednesday so i went today & had another fill. I have only lost 400 grams since i was last there, which was 11 days ago.

I sat there all teary eyed and he said tell me whats wrong Lobby (he calls me Lobby because my last name is Lobb) & i nearly burst into tears. He knew straight away i was disappointed and said dont worry its still only early days. Anyhow after a bit of a chat he calmed me down & added another .6 of a ml so i now have a total of 5.7 mls and i have kept my appointment for the 2nd of March he wants me to come back and get it all under control asap. Hopefully im at green zone now or not far off.

He said overall he is very proud of me, easy for him to say lol. I dont feel proud of myself at all, it should be coming off quicker, im young, active and eating healthy.

Anyhow, thats my update i hope you are all going well?

Have an appointment tomorrow with my surgeon for a third fill. I think that I am close to the green zone but not quite there yet. Manage to be really good until about 4pm and then get super hungry. Right now, I could eat a whole pizza!

Hi everyone,

Well it's been a while since I've posted so here's an update on where I'm at .... I had my second fill this week (first was 3ml a month ago and have had another 3ml this week). Doctors scales say that I have lost a total of 15.4kg since operation date of 5th December, so I am very pleased with my decision. I've been swimming 5 days a week (40 x 25mtr laps) and have loads of energy.

Have had a few cravings past few days and have hit the chocolate coated sultanas twice now .... Hopefully I can get back out of my mind and into the swing of things. Someone asked about the half a cup of food .... I have some days where that's about all I can eat for dinner, however, talking to my dietician today she said that's too little for me. I've started tracking what I'm eating in myfitnesspal as of today so I'll see how I go with that. I don't like how it allows for extra calories when I add in my swim though.

Anyway, good to hear everyone is doing well .... Keep up the good work and keep pushing forward ... Don't let any setbacks get you down, always look for a lesson learnt e.g. Don't sit in front of TV with packet of chocolate sultanas :P