Craftybandit

December Bandits 2011

Hi OneStepForward - I use the Wii Fit and it does work I do 30 min of free step and 10 min of boxing or hula hoop.

Onestepforward

Love the Wii fit, I have just started doing Zumba on the Wii connect and it really is a good workout.

Hope you find one soon and enjoy it .

HI Everyone,

I am going ok, slowly but good, have lost 16.1Kgs since the Op.

Had a App this arvo where i thought i would get more fill but DR is happy with where i am at! I have 5.5Mls and losing 1kg a week sometimes 1.5kg.

I am starting to notice changes in my face, and had a new bra fitted today, (The boobies getting smaller LOL)

Has anyone else noticed changes??

Well done Crafty, sounds like you are getting excellent results!

How are all you other December bandits going. I am feeling physically great but losing weight is proving to be a HUGE challenge. I have had two fills and have 4.5ml in my band. I am going back to the surgeon this week having lost not much over the last month. I am walking lots and Zumba-ing, drinking water and eating controlled portions. Grrrr guess my body loves its fat!

Think I may follow in Kylie's footsteps and hit Opti for a few days...

Busy weekend ahead with much Saturday sport with the family, two sons at soccer, daughter at netball and hubby is also doing soccer ... Looks like they'll be missing their regular Saturday Tae Kwon Do!

Keep up the good work and let us know how you're all going?

ok well i am still here just plodding along. I had a third fill on thurs and now have a total of 6ml as the fill be fore was only .5 not 1 ml. at this stage i am feeling great with the amount of food i can eat and the time in between meals that i don't feel hungry at all. I think i may be in the green zone which is great. I am still having trouble with how fast i eat and as i get a fill i forget to eat even smaller bites so it takes a few days to get used to it again.

I have brought a wii and i have been having a lot of fun with that. I also went to a hill climb at mt Alma in SA and i made it all the way to the top of the hill i was slow but i didn't care i was going to make it and it felt great.

Kylie how did the opti kick start go?

Jan let me know how you go with your kick start.

Crafty 16kg is great i hit that mark this morning and so happy i am only 2kgs away from the 80's.

Anni and Elly how have you been after your last fills?

Hello all!

Haven't had a fourth fill. Saw surgeon and he thought I was doing okay on 5mls in a 10ml band. Still feel as though I eat more than most bandits but as long as I continue to lose weight it is okay for now.

Working towards my first goal of double digits... 4.8 kilos to go... feels like it is taking forever!

Hope everyone is well.

Well it has been awhile for anyone to be posting on here so i thought i would give you an update on me. I am now in the 80's just 89.7kgs and it feels great i have been having trouble lately with PB a lot and today had some fill removed i really hope that this will sort it as i have reached the best fill for the time frame not feeling hungry for 4 hrs but when i do it i am more likely to throw it back up. I really hope this is the sweet spot at least for a while.

I would love to hear how everyone else is going and weather or not you are having success and not so good if that is the case. At 6 months in would love an update.

Lovely to hear from you, onestepforward. Sounds like you're going great. My weight loss has been slow and steady. I had been up to 4ml of fill in Feb and I had 1 ml taken out before I went on my 2 week cruise in March. Came back and had only put on 1.5 kg which I was happy with as normally I would come back 5 kg heavier in that time. Only 2 weeks later I was off to a wedding for the weekend so I had just .5 ml put back in taking me back to 3.5 mls. Now I am back to 4mls and am finding I am PB every day. I am trying to deal with it as I want this weight to disappear a little faster, as my next cruise is in just 7 weeks time. At this stage I am up to 9 kg in total weight loss. Next week will be my 6 month milestone, so I must weigh in next Tuesday at my 6 month mark. Wonder if I can make it to the 10 kg mark. That 'would' make me happy. In the beginning I really thought that having the band, I would see the weight dropping off quite quickly! Now I realize, it is not that simple and it still requires lots of focusing and effort to achieve my goals that I am so looking forward to!

I think everyone who loses weight with a band deserves a huge 'congratulations'.......as it certainly is a challenge and not easy!

We have all gone missing.. how is everyone?!?! Lets all share our success or maybe our difficulties? xx

• Like 1

Hi All

132 days now, 20 weeks, and I've lost18kgs- so on my way.

Started at 122kg, op day 120kg, today 102kg nearly double figures!

Bread and meat are the things to watch- if I don't chew it well.

Just loving being me again with no insulin-definitely the best thing I ever did

Sorry for not sharing sooner-

Hope everyone is gone cos they're all fit and healthy and loving life again :)

Coming up to five months for me, I started at 105.4 kgs and this morning .... After two days of no food due to being 'stuck' grrrr, I have hit the 20kg mark and cheerfully jumped on the scales to see 85.4kgs. Next goal under 85, then I really wil be happy to be under 80, it's been a while!!

Doing loads of exercise and enjoying it, generally feeling and looking so much better and instead of craving fast results am trying to enjoy the journey .... It will be the last time I do it!

• Like 2

Sounds like we are all at the same rate of weight loss, which is nice because I'm personally disappointed i haven't lost more by now. I have lost around 21kg's, don't get me wrong its amazing and I'm so happy but i really thought 5 months in i could have lost like 30kg's.. I guess thats just me creating expectations that are too high.

Congratulations to you both!! Its such a good feeling looking back at old photos and seeing the difference the weightless has made both physically and emotionally.

• Like 1

Well i too am at the same mark as you all I have hit the 19kg mark but and hoovering around it going from 17-19 on any given day. I am a bit disappointed too i have not lost more but slow and steady and I WILL WIN THIS THING. Today is mother day and I have had the best victory to date with my weight loss. We were going out this morning and in my cupboard is a pair of pants that i brought at the start of my last weight loss attempt (5yrs ago) they are a size 16 and i have never been able to wear them. Well as a hope i tried them on to see how close i was to being able to wear them, and would you know it they fit me and I proudly wore them and then proceed to tell the world any one who could hear me yell that i was in a pair of size 16 pants. Well i have had a smile on my face all day and although the kids have made the day great with breakfast in bed and playing games with me all day the best mothers day pressie was being able to put on those pants.

Sorry about the long post but i am just so excited (can you tell)

• Like 1

That's fantastic onestepforward it really makes it all worthwhile!

Hi all its been awhile for me too ............6 months banded and i have lost around 21kgs, am down in the double figure for the first time in years and am really happy with the way things are going.......the weight is very slow coming off,,,,,,have 6mls in my band at the moment and i have had a couple of stuck moments which are unpleasant

• Like 1

December Bandits .... How are we all going.... We are all nearing the six month mark soon , how are we all travelling?

Hi All

I have lost almost 21kg in 5.5 months and am have almost (by about 1.5kg) lost 50% of my excess weight. I am both happy and disappointed with that effort. Obviously...I wish I was closer to my goal, but also feel as though I have achieved a lot in a short space of time and feel healthier and fitter.

Before banding, I was close to being diagnosed as having impaired glucose tolerance, which is one step away from being diabetic. I also had a high cholesterol reading... the bad one! Had some blood tests a few weeks ago and sugar levels are now well within the "normal" range and cholesterol is a little elevated but it is the good one instead.

I don't regret the decision at all. I will struggle to meet my goal weight within the one year (particularly as the weight loss will become harder over time), but am hoping that I won't be far off from it.

How is everyone else going? It's very quiet!

Hi Everyone it's been a while since I have checked in. Things are going quite well 26kg gone and doing exercise on a regular basis ( who'd of thought that would be a regular thing but I am enjoying it !!!

Sounds like most of us are plodding along at the same pace , still quite a way to go for me but slow and steady wins the race .

Take care all xxxx

well i have hit a brick wall i have not lost anything in the last month to month and a half. 19kgs overall and I have a goal to lose another 20 before the end of the year I have a big incentive as we have just made the decision that when i get close to 70kgs we will try for another baby. so i really want this weight gone now so i can have a bubs but old habits are creeping in and i still put off doing any substantial exercise know i am sabotaging myself but i am in a rut and need to pull my self out again.

It has been 3 months since I have checked back in here. I have been having some pleasing results lately, now up to 15.7 kg gone since the beginning. I have had 4.5 mls in the band for the past 4 weeks and has continued to be a real struggle to eat good food and keep it down. I seem to reach for sweet food that goes down easier. I know these choices I'm making aren't healthy. I visit the doctor on Tuesday, somehow I think I may have to make a slight adjustment as I don't think I'm quite at that optimum level of fill just yet, but close! At least the weight is coming off, though, and I'm half way there!

Hope everyone is going well with their weight loss journey!

Haven't been back on here for a long time. I can't believe we are all over 7 months banded, how time flys. The weight refuses to budge on me no matter how good or bad I eat. Iv lost 25, it was 27 but I put on 2 kg's, somehow. How is everyone else traveling along? Everyone throw in how much you have lost so far!

Hi all,

It has all slowed down for me too! I've lost 22kg altogether but only 1kg for the last 6 weeks. Since they say 2 years to lose 70% of our extra weight I guess we are all ok. I'll be happy if I lose another 20kg although I should lose another 30 but I feel heaps better with this much gone-I can play with my grandson! Just living a day at a time and glad to be in double figures! :)

HI all i have lost 21kgs but over the last 3 months i have only lost 3kgs I am now on day 1 of opti fast for 1.5 wks and then i am going on holidays for 2 weks so i am hoping i am preparing myself for that.

Has been 9 months since I have been on this web site, and I see that everyone has disappeared off our December 2011 Bandits. How is everyone going? Have you been happy with your results? In the past 9 months I have done a lot of Travelling and am still a long way from goal. I have an empty band and have done since January. Think I will have to bite the bullet and start having some fill put back in and budge the rest of this excess weight away!

Cheers

Janelle