sarahh83

Great iPhone app

Hi all I have found a really good app for the iPhone and it may work for a android phone it's called myfitnesspal it's a calorie counter. And I have been using it the last few days and I have already started to be alot more aware of everything I eat. It's helping me be accountable. Hope it helps

Thanks :) it is also available on windows 7 phones and android and the best bit is it's FREE :lol:

Livescape is another good one and mywalk is a good walking one.

mmm changed the measurement to kilos and then later it asks how many pounds I want to lose per week! Luckily I am old enough to know both :lol:

Quite impressive, after the weigh in pounds thing I thought it would be very americanised.

I put in celebrity and it came up with the celebrity shakes that I have and then I tried Amcal and it bought up the Amcal be good to yourself ones that I am having this week and they are both Australian :D

it also has a cool barcode scan feature so you don't even have to type in the name of a packaged food anymore you just scan the barcode and it brings up the details....amazing!

it also has a cool barcode scan feature so you don't even have to type in the name of a packaged food anymore you just scan the barcode and it brings up the details....amazing!

Where did you find that? or is that just on the iphone version maybe?

I have found it on Livescape but it doesn't seem to be on myfitnesspal on my phone. I have a windows phone.

Ohhh I love myfitnesspal, thanks for posting about it. It is so easy to use and has all the aussie brands and I also like that I can sign in on my laptop and enter things from there as well when I am at home.

It's a great app been using it for years love it better than some of the paid ones and it's user friendly

Your all welcome. It has certainly made me stop and think about what I eat before I go ahead and eat it.

I'm old school and even have a cassette player in my 1975 Toyota Crown, I'm not one for the modern tech stuff so you have me thinking what is an Iphone and how is it used.

That's cute neddy. Its a touch screen phone from apple. You can do everything you do on normal mobile phone. Plus check email and I use mine to check things on here.

I love this App its soo cool, it's my new best friend!! I find myself deciding what i will eat depending on what the calories are rather than guessing and I have found that some of the uninformed decisions i was making were not good ones!...with counting now for 3 days, 1st of which was a disaster, I have dropped 1/2 a kilo! Happy, happy,happy!!

Thanks for the post on this, Im sure it will help alot!:)

Your welcome. It's helping me heaps. And the more that can use this app the more the better. I am the same way checking what I gave eaten and that helps me pick what I eat next.

Good how it lets you add friends to help you along the way maybe we coul get a banding bunch adding each other to help along the way

That's cute neddy. Its a touch screen phone from apple. You can do everything you do on normal mobile phone. Plus check email and I use mine to check things on here.

No thanks, on my mobile phone I make and receive calls and use it as my alarm clock and thats it.

I can understand needing this stuff if you have a bussiness or it's required at work but other than that just how many of theses modern tech stuff do we really need.