BackinBlack

Signature lengths

Hi,

I understand that people want to document their journey, but when a signature becomes a page and a half of scrolling, it detracts from the posts and/or responses.

Just wondering if there is any policy for signature lengths for this site?

OK...have shortened mine.

I've put my progress in the About Me page...

S

Shorty yours wasn't the really bad one I noticed, I can't even recall the posters name, all I do remember is pages on pages of each visit to her surgeon and her weight loss details line for line. As much as I understand people want to show off their weight loss progress, I feel a bigger impact is made with just a one liner then 50 lines of fill details...

Which reminds me, I need to change my Christmas themed ticker. ;)

Yeah !! I just changed my Xmas Ticket too.....

I haven`t had a problem with anyones siggy but then again I have been M.I.A for quite a few months now....

Marion

thenewme20111 was the poster that I initially saw and thought is it really necessary to have every single fill documented in a signature.

I now have finger spasms from having to scroll through her posts :P

Long signatures could be seen as a good thing - offering the opportunity for a bit of additional incidental finger exercise for the day as we do that unexpected extra bit of scrolling.

(to those who have now shortened your signatures, I hope you did as I did and put the extra info in the 'about me' section of your profile so the info isn't lost).

I have to agree recently joining this group I ave found some of the signatures are excessive, we all have profile pages cant we put our info inthere?

Noted, and my stats have now been transfered to my profile page :)

Thanks guys, appreciate you modifying your signatures.

As the others have stated, don't lose that info, add it to your profile.

Hi BackInBlack and anyone else who has issues with long signatures.

You can actually disable the display of signatures in your settings. Go to My Settings in the menu under your name at the top of the page. Then go to Ignore Preferences about halfway down the menu on the left, and there will be a tickbox for "Ignore all signatures when reading topics" Tick this box, click save, and voila, no more signatures

Thanks

Dave

• Like 3

Thanks for that, however I would prefer not to ignore signatures as some ladies have great ones :) Seems silly to ignore all when there are other ways of displaying your weightloss effectively on the site, a simple graph based ticker is a great example of this.

I have no probs with signatures and actually enjoy parusing peoples efforts in real time.

• Like 1

Now if there was an individual poster ignore signature function, that would solve my problem. :P

I have no probs with signatures and actually enjoy parusing peoples efforts in real time.

The first time you read it sure, gets a tad repetative after the 50th post however and I am certainly not even looking at it by that time, just scrolling on through it. :blink:

I believe that you can add an individual to a blocked or ignored list, thereby you won't see their posts unless you choose to click on them in a topic. I may be incorrect, but I also think that you can change your settings to simply not see any signatures at all ??