Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

where are you?who are you?

27 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I've seen this NZ section(for ages) and thot id log-on and be the first NZ'r .

If you from nz - feel free to declare yourself :ph34r::D

Bye the way im a mid-cantabriun, banded (and to be repaired,) by SOS chch.

Posted · Report post

Hi there Rosmay....I am number 2. Are you living on the plate of jelly that is Christchurch?

I live in Wanganui.

The medical fraternity are not au fait with bands in this wee town...so it has been quite fraught when I have been in distressed mode, so much so I have neutralised the thing.

Posted · Report post

Hi Rosmay and Melanie

I'm in Auckland, had a great start but really struggling now so thought I'd give the forum a go in the hope of feeling inspired.

Since becoming a bandit I met 5 others in person, it surprises me how many of us there are out there!

I see you guys have both been banded for a while too, did you bounce at all? I lost 6kg fast, another 4kg over several months then bounced 5kg in last 3 months, feeling pretty flat about it. Only myself to blame I think. I have been eating much less volume then the old days but seem to be pretty addicted to sweet and or fattier foods instead.

Changing from today, I signed up for a new life, not the same old track of up and down!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

:) I was raised in the waikato but married a perth boy and am raising my family here in WA. It's nice to see a Kiwi part on the forums :) I miss home from time to time. Getting banded in a week doing the pre op optifast atm :P
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

hi- i live near ashburton, enough to feel some shakes but far enuf to ignore them.

im going back to my local hospital to have a re-op as i have a leak and have for a long time but only

just had it noticed by my surgeon in Nov.hopefully a tube leak which is easy to replace . im not looking forward to

going under - but this band wont work unless i do.been a waste of 18mths, but im an optimist- will look ahead and keep perservering.

Teach is a kiwi too.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi Everyone!!!

I wonder how many other kiwis are on this forum.

Anywhooo - I'm moving to Wellington next month - does anyone have any good recommendations for a surgeon? I'm going to meet with my surgeon here to see if he has any recommendations...mind you maybe i'll just have to fly back and forth to melbournein my semester breaks for fills etc.

hmmm - lots to think about!

hope you're all well!

:)

Posted · Report post

Hi all,

Donna from Levin here. Hope all the Kiwis are well and have enjoyed the best Easter in forever. LaniBani, I hope you found a surgeon, if not let me know, mine is based down there.

Hey Dazza, I too am struggling at the moment. Old habits creeping back in, which is dreadfully disappointing considering how hard I have worked to get to where I am at the moment. I hope things have improved for you.

Hi Rosmay, I hope things are moving along for you. How is it after your "redo"?

Donna

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi teach- im healed up and looking forward to a fill that stays in their- this Thursday. im nervous in a way- that it still wont work as it never has, but iv got to give it my best shot. :)

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Good on you Rosmay,

I will be thinking about you on Thursday. Make sure you let us know how it goes. Don't be nervous though, there is no good reason that it won't work for you and you are so obviously determined :rolleyes:

It's funny but for some reason I seem to have found my mojo that has been missing all term. The school holidays are on now and I am eating sensibly, drinking water and exercising well. I wish it was like this all year around but my struggles seem to come about with the foibles of every day life. I had thought the routine of going back to school, getting up at a set time etc would be a help but that has not been the case - which has been disappointing.

I am just going to bask in the glory of things going right for the moment and hoping for some loss, however small.

Have a great week.

Donna

Posted · Report post

I'm a JAFA (just another effing Aucklander) living in Canberra...helloooo! *waves*

i was mortified to learn yesterday that snifters are no longer made!! a friend was over there and asked for my order, I asked for snifters, she said they haven;t been made for years! very sad!!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

yup I remember the days when we used to buy them at the movies now its only mnm's ....tangy fruits are gone too. And marmite is on the back burner till June or July apparently :P

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

no more tangy fruits?! That's CRIMINAL!! and marmite? WOW!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

HI there, I am currently living in little old Kaikoura, Was banded 9 days ago by SOS Dr Richard Flint, I was advised by my dietician to jump on board Ozzy chat forums as they are better than kiwi ones?? Altho I have only been back in NZ 1 year and spent the last 10 years in Sydney, I am really keen to hear about other peoples experiences, I am finding it a bit frustrating getting to know how my body feels every day, one day I feel ok and the next 3 Im still very nauseas not sure if this is hunger or not, sticking to what my DR recommmended altho Im not sure its making me feel great, How long does it take to feel normal again???? In saying that I have nearly lost 10 kilos now :) so very happy

Posted · Report post

hey mez...

It took me about 2 weeks to get nearly back to normal and then another 2-4 weeks to really fire on all 6 cylinders. Just take each day as it comes, perhaps keep a journal on what you are eating/doing/feeling each day and if you aren't sure this is 'normal', then don't hesitate to contact the clinic as you DO NOT WANT to run the risk of an infection, for example, that is left untreated/

My advice? if in doubt, call the clinic!

Posted · Report post

hi mez- i was banded by sos- doc coulter.

welcome to this really supporting site. congrats on getting banded.

Posted · Report post

I am a kiwi from auckland, living in PERTH WA! love it here! but miss home so much!! going home in 2weeks to have some good kiwi food before getting banded here in PERTH!

moved here 2 years ago and love this place, and most of my family have moved here!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hey everyone

I'm in Christchurch, getting ready to be banded on 26 July with Richard Flint - I'm scared, nervous and excited all at once.

Rachel

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Hi I am from NELSON on my way to chch tomorrow for two days of appointments to see if southern cross will cover some of operation. Booked in for oct so far. Excited but scared at same time

Posted · Report post

Hi Klee - hope it all goes well for you :)

Posted · Report post

Hi, im an aus living in auckland, but am coming back to melbourne for the lapband procedure for the 13th june. Can anyone recommend a dr or clinic in auckland that does weightloss surgery after care and fills, as i'll be coming back to auckland a week after the procedure? Thanks :)

Posted · Report post

Hi, I am in Christchurch. Was banded on 7th March 2013 by Richard Flint. Anyone else from Christchurch??

Posted · Report post

Hi, I am in Christchurch. Was banded on 7th March 2013 by Richard Flint. Anyone else from Christchurch??

Hey Nelly

I'm in Christchurch and Richard is my surgeon too.

Posted · Report post

Hi all.  Just coming in to say 'hi'.  I am a kiwi living in Brisbane (with all the rest).  Off for my first appointments next week so very excited.  

Posted · Report post

Hello, i\Im an old timer on this site- dont post much but still pop on to have a read.Im living now in Rangiora.

forgotton my surgeon's  name.. - Dr Coulture i think...been a while..

Posted · Report post

Hello Rosmay- nice to see you still pop in from time to time :)

1 person likes this