Danielle

Going public in a BIG way...

I will be flying to Sydney next week to do a photo shoot for a popular magazine who is doing an article on weight loss. I am excited and terrified at the same time!! I have no idea what to expect, other than they will be dressing and styling me. I dont think I am allowed to give any details yet, but once the article is printed at the end of next month I will let you guys know for those of you who are interested in taking a peek while lined up at the checkout hehe.

• COOL...Congratulations can't wait to see it can you tell us what magazine.????

That's really cool Danielle. Did they approach you for the article or did you enter your story to them?

Good on you, hopefully it will open in up for a lot more obese people to follow your lead.

I am sure you will look hot in no matter what they dress you up in, sit back an enjoy!

Did this come from the post that was put on here a while back?

Me too, Rosmay. Good on you, Danielle:) Just as a matter of interest it was while reading one of your posts that I had an ephiany. You said something like being very strict with your food intake (my words but your idea) and I thought...."hmmmm maybe thats why you have stagnated". So I decided to stick to a fairly strict 1000-1200 calories and finally my weight is moving, so thanks for your inadvertant kick up the bum:)

Donna

Me too, Rosmay. Good on you, Danielle:) Just as a matter of interest it was while reading one of your posts that I had an ephiany. You said something like being very strict with your food intake (my words but your idea) and I thought...."hmmmm maybe thats why you have stagnated". So I decided to stick to a fairly strict 1000-1200 calories and finally my weight is moving, so thanks for your inadvertant kick up the bum:)

Donna

Yay, glad I can be of help to someone else, that is very rewarding! I will gladly kick your bum any time hehe.

The magazine was asking for people's stories, and I was only of the lucky 4 chosen. I am thrilled, as I now have an all expenses paid trip to see my old bestie who now lives in Sydney, just as excited to catch up with her as I am to be doing the shoot.

Thank you everyone for all your kind words!! xxx

Pleased you are catching up with a friend when you are in Sydney.

If you get stuck or need anything while you are in Sydney let me know!

Oh...and bring clothes for all seasons...the weather is crazy!!

S

OOOH i am looking forward to it seeing it too. I am glad you will be seeing your friend too. The only tip I can give you is to be careful with what you say and if it should come out in print not quite right then remember that your family, friends and us here will realise if anything seems a bit off. I say this not to scare you but because years ago I was in an article written by a dear close neighbour who was a journalist, with photos etc and some of the remarks and quotes I was unhappy with, seemed to misreprepresent what I had said. SHE said, oh it was the subediting but I felt hurt and betrayed. Another friend's husband had somethign similar happen where things he had never actually said appeared in quotation marks in one article. I say this not to scare you but just as a little hint and to let you know that these days most of us read articles with a bit of a sceptical eye if something seems not quite genuine.

Hope you don't think I am being a downer, just wanting to be helpful. I am excited for you - I have always wondered what it would like to be "styled" - love to hear about the behind the scenes - hair, makeup and styling stuff - just how long does all that take and how much of a difference does that - and photography - make?

Congrats!!! Can't wait to hear what mag it is so I can buy it and read it! Have a fantastic time you deserve it xx

Pleased you are catching up with a friend when you are in Sydney.

If you get stuck or need anything while you are in Sydney let me know!

Oh...and bring clothes for all seasons...the weather is crazy!!

S

Thank you so much shorty, that is so kind of you!! I will definitely bring a coat then, as I tend to feel the cold a lot more these days.

OOOH i am looking forward to it seeing it too. I am glad you will be seeing your friend too. The only tip I can give you is to be careful with what you say and if it should come out in print not quite right then remember that your family, friends and us here will realise if anything seems a bit off. I say this not to scare you but because years ago I was in an article written by a dear close neighbour who was a journalist, with photos etc and some of the remarks and quotes I was unhappy with, seemed to misreprepresent what I had said. SHE said, oh it was the subediting but I felt hurt and betrayed. Another friend's husband had somethign similar happen where things he had never actually said appeared in quotation marks in one article. I say this not to scare you but just as a little hint and to let you know that these days most of us read articles with a bit of a sceptical eye if something seems not quite genuine.

Hope you don't think I am being a downer, just wanting to be helpful. I am excited for you - I have always wondered what it would like to be "styled" - love to hear about the behind the scenes - hair, makeup and styling stuff - just how long does all that take and how much of a difference does that - and photography - make?

Stripey, I dont think you are being a downer at all, and I appreciate your honesty. I guess I am leaving it in their hands now, as I have already completed the interview portion of the article over the phone. Hopefully I get a look at it while I am there. I too have always wondered what it is like to be styled, I cant wait to find out. I am taking a dress of my own with me, just in case hehe.

Can you tell us what mag and when it's out yet? Can't wait to check it out :-)

Hiya Zim, the magazine is New Idea, and originally the issue was going to come out on Monday, but I have been told it has been pushed back due to it clashing with a fashion spread. It will appear at a later date which I will be told about when it has been decided on, and the editor is considering putting it on the cover. There are 4 of us featured in the shoot, all of us have lost weight using different methods. As soon as I have a firm date, I will post it!

Congrats. I hope you have a great trip and the enjoy experience of sharing your success. Looking forward to reading it and seeing the glamour pics!

PS- I've done a bit of work with the media in different countries and have never had a bad experience. A guy a know did a thing for Weight watchers too and he loved the experience. Stripey is right occasionally it goes wrong (sorry to hear it did with your neightbour stripey) but I'd say most of the time they represent you relatively accurately so don't stress too much. :)

Awesomeness!! Can't wait!!! Ive been telling my hubby about you and how you've done so well you get to be in a mag hehe of course he thinks I'm silly but it's great motivation to hear and see how well other banders are successful. So yes CAN'T WAIT!! Ps congrats xx

Tell us all about the photo shoot and the styling. Did they provide outfits, or did you have to bring your own? Did they do your hair and makeup? Was it very glamorous or did it feel ordinary? I want to know all about it.

They provided everything, hair, makeup and clothing. I wore 2 different dresses, the designer was Diane Von Furstenberg. It seemed strange having all these people fuss over us, as none of us were celebrities or anyone out of the ordinary. My dresses were tiny, size US 4, and one of them had to be bulldog clipped at the back to bring in the waist. It was kind of funny to stand on set, in high heels I dont normally wear, a dress that I would never pick for myself, make up I wouldn't normally wear, stand in an unnatural way to me, then have to smile and look happy and natural!! I am probably not allowed to reveal too much about the shoot before the article is released, so I cannot go into detail about the other ladies, but collectively we have lost about 190kg between us. There was a shot of me taken holding out my "fat" pants, which was interesting to see, as well as other poses. I cannot wait to see the finished product.

The other 3 ladies have all done this before, having picked up promotional work through their system of weight loss, or been asked by other outlets to do other promotion of their loss, so who knows what this could lead to! It certainly felt like the jet setting model liftestyle, as I was in and out of sydney in just over 24 hours, not a lifestyle I could sustain for sure. It was wonderful to see Sydney, catch up with a close friend, bond with 4 strangers over our weight loss and how proud we are of our achievement, be pampered and feel good about ourselves. I didn't get to keep the $1,000 dresses, but I got the chance to see myself in styles I would never have picked for myself, and that has taught me more than I could ever buy. Having been told several times that I am "tiny" was a very surreal feeling, as was the whole experience.

While I cant show you any photos from the shoot, here is a couple I took while I was there. The dress is not Von Furstenberg, it is Target LOL.