Jodiem

do u regrett it?

iv regreted it at times- maybe after next months leak- fix i mite not.25fills ,travelling 240k round trip-

im major pi##ed off.the nurse and doc shuudda twigged ages ago.

if i wasnt so chicken i may've gone for a sleeve, but then i remember why i choose the band.

the band hasnt let me down-experts have. :(

I wax and wane with my band love...at the moment I am regretting not getting the sleeve as my tolerance of foods is all over the place at the moment. Some days everything gets stuck, other days I can eat pretty much anything. I am frustrated by the unpredictability of the band and when I have a day where nothing will go down I get pissed off because all I want to do is eat something without the risk of choking!

I am seriously considering the sleeve option.

Having said all that, I do not regret, in any way, getting WLS as I am just shy of 25 kgs lost, which would never have been possible otherwise.

Oh yes I sure do regrette it, I regrette not having the band fitted 5 years ago when I was first told I had borderline type 2 diabeties.

Hi Jodie, try not to be too hard on yourself. time is on your side now that you have the band.

There is no magic time, people drop weight at different times & it's important not to compare your loss with others. this is your journey and your race.

I was banded 25 Feb 2011 & went back for fills for every 2 weeks (sometimes 3 weeks) for a fill. Only now, 10 months out I find that i have reached TRUE restriction (ie. fuller for longer, can only eat 1 cup of food/sometimes less & just do not think abut food much or feel hungry). I have 8.8ml in a 14ml in an APL Lap Band.

Maybe you need to reaquaint yourself with the lap band 'rules or guidelines' as we all need reminders throughout the journey. Eat slow, chew, chew, chew, wait a little while between mouthfuls etc. etc.

The band is only a tool and the real discipline comes from within you to make the right nutritional choices (protein first as that will keep you fuller for longer).

Good luck,

Sarah

The only time i regretted it was right after surgery when i was thinking "What have i done"

Now 7weeks on and 10kgs lighter, can only see the postivites :)

The only time I've come close to regretting it was the two weeks post surgery when I was in a heap of pain but fortunately I had this forum to help get me through that by giving me a bit of perspective... it WOULD get better and it WOULD be worth it eventually :P

Not a skerrick of regret since. This has changed my life in so many positive ways, I truly feel like I've gained more than I've lost and I think you can see it on my face in any of the photos I've posted! Healthier, much happier, so many cobwebs blown away. I've got myself a life partner who I see myself having a wonderful future with, gone from size 18 to size 8-10, gained so much more self confidence...

Sure there's the odd time when my family are munching buttery hot bread rolls with ham that I think DARN but hey as the old saying goes nothing tastes as good as being thin feels - and at least when I was home in NZ I was able to steal a mouthful of said hot buttery bread off my very accommodating family :P (one of the joys was being able to pinch food off my family's plates so I could taste some things I'd missed, haha). There's really very little I can't eat now, and nothing I can't get over. I think the night I had a gorgeous steak at a restaurant for my 25th birthday five weeks after I was banded I knew I'd be OK on that front :P (I was so stoked to be 11kg down then... I look at those photos now and my eyes bug out :P).

And don't just take it from me... those who know me have all commented on the light in my eyes, the newfound confidence they're seeing and it's been a funny week, hit goal on Monday and I've had a series of really nice compliments, not sure if I'm glowing with happiness or something but they picked something up! haha.

I had so many black years, so much hiding in my bedroom, never feeling comfortable in myself and I went through some dark days. I was so lonely and isolated. These days I'm so busy I'm lucky if I get one or two nights home a week, I'll never be lonely because I have a fabulous guy who loves me and I dress in colour and don't hide in leggings and tent tops! Basically I could rave on and on and on and if you look through some of my past posts and blogs you'll see I have a bad tendancy to do just that :P

If you're looking for advice I'd suggest what someone else mentioned, look at Professor O'Brien's eight golden rules videos again and see if that is a refresher. Prof never gave me much advice in person but I learned so much from those videos and I think it really set me up for a successful journey. The other thing is to take photos and keep a record of your progress. 18kg lost is huge if you take before/now photos I'm sure you'll see a big difference :)

Thankyou everyone for your reply's I admit the love/hate relationship with my band is like a roller coaster, I am finally eating again, so i guess I am not at restriction yet but I really think I am getting there I just have to make sure my dr doesnt get fill happy when he does it. I need to make a appointment,

trying to think positive I admit if it wasn't for my band I would prob be more like 180+ kg by now instead I am not I will get there and I hope soon I will love my band!