Photo

Where is the cheapest place to get Nutri Chew?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 girlbaby41

girlbaby41

Veteran Bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationPerth
  • Band/Sleeve Status Post-Op
  • Weight Loss Status 50%

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

I have jsut about finished the supradyn that I bought for the liquid phase so want to get the nutri chew now . Anyone found a cheap place to get them? I am in Perth but of course can get then delivered if it works out cheaper than going retail?

Thanks
Narelle

#2 23rach

23rach

Veteran Bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Band/Sleeve Status 12+ Months Post-Op
  • Weight Loss Status 60%

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

i just used family chewable multis they come in a pack of 200 n can be bought from chemist wherehouse

rach

#3 jade7380

jade7380

Veteran Bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Weight Loss Status 90%

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:14 PM

http://www.bandbuddies.com.au/
you can get them online

#4 Gato

Gato

Veteran Bandit

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Band/Sleeve Status Just Visiting
  • Weight Loss Status Just Starting

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

I've read a few times now that the nutrichew taste disgusting (one phrase was 'like a monkeys ass', although Im not sure what a monkey's ass tastes like), so if you do decide to buy nutri chew, maybe start with a smallish quantity.
My guess is that any chewable multivitamin from a chemist would be fine and more readily available and cheaper too. You can also empty out multivitamin capsules, but the contents taste bitter so need to mixed with food. And of course you can chop up multivitamin tablets with a pill cutter too.

#5 girlbaby41

girlbaby41

Veteran Bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationPerth
  • Weight Loss Status 50%

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

mmmm Monkey' s arse doesn't sound pleasant!

#6 Mum of 2 Merry Men

Mum of 2 Merry Men

Veteran Bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationPerth - NOR
  • Weight Loss Status 70%

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

I had the Nutri Chew tablets from the time of my op till they ran out and to be honest they did taste pretty awful - I just quickly washed it down with a glass of water. But the main reason that I stuck with them was because I was scared the my usual multi vitamin(cenovis for women) would get stuck - keeping in mind that it looks like a horse tablet.

Now about 2 weeks ago I ran out of the Nutri Chew tablets, and I was around week 8 post op, and I was then fine with being able to take my normal multivitamin again without any trouble.

if I remember correctly i think I paid about $30 for a container of the Nutri Chew and I got them from the chemist in the Joondalup Hospital.

Totally up to you what you decide to do I guess it depends on how "by the book" you want to go in relation to what you have been advised.

Either way good luck with you weightloss journey!!

Jodie

#7 Suzyk

Suzyk

Super Bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationMill Park, VIC
  • Weight Loss Status 50%

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

Nutrichew tastes like chalk and orange, wash it down with water and its okay. I prefer it. It is also made especially for bandits. There was a post recently that showed you a table of what was in pharmacy grade tablets compared to nutrichew. You will instantly see the nutrichew is 100 times better for you and doesn't have sodium!!!

Also you can read the comparitive guide to natural supplements. Nutrichew isn't in their, but all the pharmacy brands are and tell you how effecient they actually are. About 70-75% of what is in the tablet passes through you because of a. its the wrong form and can't be absorbed in the right part of the body b. it doesn't have the accompaning vitamin required for it to be absorbed or c. its poor quality. You will spending $30 a month for no reason. If you can get over the taste nutrichew is really your best choice.
  • Loverband likes this

#8 Lucy New in 2012

Lucy New in 2012

Bandit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationBendigo, VIC
  • Weight Loss Status 70%

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

Try liquid multivitamins. I got mine from ChemistWarehouse and it tastes like cherries. Much better than a "monkeys ass". :unsure:

#9 sticky

Bandit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationVictoria
  • Band/Sleeve Status 6 Months Post-Op
  • Weight Loss Status 70%

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

I have 3 bottles of them, 2 unopened and 1 that i've had 2 tablets out of... I really hate the taste, so I'd be happy to sell them!
If you want you can email me, nicky@positivetraining.com.au
I paid $33 each from the bandbuddies website, but I'd sell the 3 for $60

#10 rebekahp

rebekahp

New Bandit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Band/Sleeve Status Pre-Op/Optifast

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

Nicky I have emailed you, I am looking to buy some bottles for post-op. It seems I am in the minority as I quite like them...

#11 NeddyBear

NeddyBear

Ultimate Bandit

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • LocationEmerald Qld

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

Now were on the same page, I thought you were talking about Muesli bars but after reading down further I see you want vitamins.
Sorry I can't help because I believe we don't need them, it's all that unwanted advertising that has brain washed us into thinking they help.

#12 Newlife

Newlife

Veteran Bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Weight Loss Status 70%

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

I take no vitmains regularly but have a berocca when i feel i need a lift..If you like these then i would just use berocca or Aldi have a great tropical flavored vitamin packaged like berocca which i occassionally have just cause i like the flavor!! :blink:

#13 NeddyBear

NeddyBear

Ultimate Bandit

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • LocationEmerald Qld

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

I've read a few times now that the nutrichew taste disgusting (one phrase was 'like a monkeys ass', although Im not sure what a monkey's ass tastes like), so if you do decide to buy nutri chew, maybe start with a smallish quantity.
My guess is that any chewable multivitamin from a chemist would be fine and more readily available and cheaper too. You can also empty out multivitamin capsules, but the contents taste bitter so need to mixed with food. And of course you can chop up multivitamin tablets with a pill cutter too.

Thats is so funny I've never heard of that phase before, monkey butt taste which has me thinking when the dog food manufacturers make dog food instead of trying to make it to taste like beef or chicken why not make it taste like something dogs really love, for example fresh horse poo or a 3 week old bone they have just dug up.
Monkey butt taste, you crack me up.

#14 Nicolalia

Nicolalia

Super Bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • LocationDarwin
  • Weight Loss Status 80%

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

I have about half a bottle of chews left- i simply just cannot take any more of them. i told the dietician this and he didn't seem surprised!

#15 LBA

LBA

Veteran Bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Band/Sleeve Status Just Visiting

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

I must be a bit wierd ( nothing new to me) butI really like them and will be getting some more once I run out as I think they taste so nice. Got mine from Band buddies as couldn't find them cheaper anywhere else, did think they were pricey but couldn't find an alternative in any local chemists.
  • Dianar4 likes this

#16 Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

New Bandit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • Weight Loss Status 20%

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

I got mine from the surgeon's office as went through OClinic, they are $38 but the dietitian advised me to take 2 tablets a day as they are chewable and then once I finish them I could go back to my swisse ultivites.

#17 deserthucker

deserthucker

Bandit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationKalgoorlie
  • Weight Loss Status 30%

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

Band Buddies Ishop and diet by dezign both are the exact same price $33.05, suspect price fixing here.

#18 Natt

Natt

Bandit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationMandurah, WA
  • Weight Loss Status 70%

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

You can get them at the BMI clinic in Joondalup.. $32 or $33 i think

#19 hair band

hair band

Super Bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
  • Weight Loss Status 90%

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

my dietician told me to get nutrichew OR ellivit for women... have opted for the ellovit as they are easier to get.

#20 FreshStart2

FreshStart2

Enthusiastic Bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Weight Loss Status 60%

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

I paid about $33 online fir a months supply (1 bottle). but after going through 2 bottles, ive stopped taking them. I dont mind the taste or whatever but hey make me feel headachey and dehydrated. Im now taking a soluable berrocca once a day and they make me feel great. Perky and energised. Paid about $13 for a months supply of those :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users