Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Port pain

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Well to those of you have had on going port pain, discomfort or like poor Jomal and I .... stabbing stinging pain at the port site...... I would like to encourage you to stay positive and keep smiling. My surgey was Dec 20th so about ten weeks ago and I can finally say I am pain free :)

You can not imagine how great it is to not get stabbed in the side randomly throughout the day and night .... Yipee, I feel human again.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Let's have a party! That's excellent.. Glad to hear :)

Posted · Report post

I know Kylie ... I kept waiting for the stabbing pain to return but yeah, it seems to be gone for good. Just need to get rid of a few more kilos now :) It will be so much more comfortable when I am out pounding the pavement not thinking ouch, ouch, ouch every step of the way. I am sooo happy.

Posted · Report post

So jealous. So very very jealous!!!

Although....on the bright side....maybe I'll follow your lead & not be stuck with this pain forever?!

Posted · Report post

oh boy- mines being replaced on tues due to leak- go thru that twice!!\glad your well now and port behaving

Posted · Report post

Having surgery to fix my port, how long was your hospital stay ? 

Posted · Report post

Hello all, not sure if any of you are still checking in to this site but I am 5 weeks post op and oh how good it was to see these posts! 

3 weeks post lap band surgery I started to get this pain, my surgeon believes it's because the muscle around the Port was softened as I had a hematoma which oozed for two weeks and that a staple has loosened and keeps grabbing.

i can not wait for it so stop! Yesterday I thought ooh seems to be better then boof back with a vengeance today.

Would love to hear from anyone in the same boat or has been.

Lauren :)