Sign in to follow this  
Nicolalia

I miss Darwin

Hello Darwinites!

Missing Darwin and the warmth! It's cold and when it rains the rain is freezing cold!!!

My feet a freezing, I have buy some socks as I don't own any - having to borrow some from friends!

So my diet has been SHOCKING for the last few weeks - with the emotional strain of packing up my life and saying farewell to friends - I've been drinking far too much (tequilla is off the table for ever!!) and pretty much only eating Chocolate, peanut butter, cheese and milk, there are no surprises that I'm not loosing weight. I wouldn't be surprised if I've started gaining - but my scales are in Darwin so I've got no idea.

I'm starting to think the Adelaide might not be the place for me. I think as soon as it gets good and proper cold, I'll be thinking of the amzing dry season and not being cold and I might find my way back north - perhaps not Darwin but definatly closer to the equator.

well that's my whinge for today....

I met my first Adelaide Bandits today for a coffee - (had an ice chocolate with cream) and they seem lovely so that's good.

I've just gotta give myself more then a week to settle in!!!

Take time to settle and you will see it is not that bad in Adelaide. Give me a call if you want to talk again.

Hi Nicolalia

I'm sorry you miss Darwin, you are missed here too band buddy! I wear the lovely clothes you shrunk out of and were generous enough to give me, often - thank you. To cheer you up it has been pretty soggy and a bit humid here, so the lovely cold and the opportunity to wear gorgeous winter layers makes me happy for you.

Don't stress about the scales, think how far you have gone and how good you feel. The comfort eating will only be temporary and once you get grounded you will start back in the things that make you feel healthy and good about yourself.

Take care and say hi to lovely Adelaide for me. I will be starting a new job in a month and they said I will be spending a bit of time down there, so we will catch up.

Cheers

Hippy

• Like 1

You did get the job! Cool cool! yeah I'd love to catch up if you make it to adelaide,

• Like 1