Just having my first go at it tonight. Nice enough (no flavour to it really), a bit chewy, like strips of calamari would be sliced thinly, but works for me!

I'm sold!

I divided it into 3 portions and have frozen the other two. I can't see why it wouldn't be ok thawed out, but will report when I do.

For the record, I'm eating it with my chorizo bolognese sauce with shaved parmesan of course. It's delicious!

• Like 3

For the record, I'm eating it with my chorizo bolognese sauce with shaved parmesan of course. It's delicious!

yuuuuummmm that sounds beautiful.

I tried it also and even though there is not much taste I also find it a bit chewy.... I wonder if there is a way to soften it so it more "real" spaghetti  for the kids. Maybe if I boil it for a while it may soften down.

Right, an update on the leftover Slendier pasta from the pack that I froze. It was horrible! It was kinda all crispy after it thawed out and not fit for consumption at all. Never mind, I thought I'd give it a go.

I have since bought a second pack and have had some just tonight. This time I tried the Slendier fettucini. Yep it is a bit chewy and rubbery, but still a good alternative and a small price to pay if you can't do without pasta - I'm still stunned at the 8 calories per 100g. I only had about 40g with my spag sauce and have snaplocked the rest in the fridge and will have some more in a couple of days - hoping it wont be all weird like it was when I froze it. If its no good after a couple of day of refrigeration, so be it, its still worth it at $3.69 per pack (that you could potentially get 3 serves from).

I was questioning myself while eating it though, if I really needed to have any pasta with the sauce at all though. I make it up to a total of 1 cup, inc the pasta at the bottom, but I could probably just eat 1/2 cup of the sauce and be happy with that. After this packet of fake pasta is gone, I might see how I go with that.

Right, an update on the leftover Slendier pasta from the pack that I froze. It was horrible! It was kinda all crispy after it thawed out and not fit for consumption at all. Never mind, I thought I'd give it a go.

I have since bought a second pack and have had some just tonight. This time I tried the Slendier fettucini. Yep it is a bit chewy and rubbery, but still a good alternative and a small price to pay if you can't do without pasta - I'm still stunned at the 8 calories per 100g. I only had about 40g with my spag sauce and have snaplocked the rest in the fridge and will have some more in a couple of days - hoping it wont be all weird like it was when I froze it. If its no good after a couple of day of refrigeration, so be it, its still worth it at $3.69 per pack (that you could potentially get 3 serves from).

I was questioning myself while eating it though, if I really needed to have any pasta with the sauce at all though. I make it up to a total of 1 cup, inc the pasta at the bottom, but I could probably just eat 1/2 cup of the sauce and be happy with that. After this packet of fake pasta is gone, I might see how I go with that.

You can also use zucchini as a pasta substitute, it's about 13 calories per half cup boiled. I have a couple of different spiralisers to make zucchini into spaghetti or fettuccine size strips but you can also just peel it with a vegetable peeler (my peeler has two sides with one side making small strips). Then you just blanch it in boiling water for about a min and use in place of pasta.

• Like 2

Where can you buy slim pasta.... Just went to woollies and couldnt remember the name and ended buying smart pasta which isnt much lower in calouries than normal pasta

Most Coles or Woolies stock it but I have found the same thing in asian supermarkets but not nearly as expensive, can't remember the name of it though so I suggest you just have a bit of a look around. Good luck

• Like 1

I dont like slim pasta and am intrigued by the zucchini spaghetti idea. Whats a spiralizer and do you boil it? I only have about 10 dishes in my cooking repertoire so im keen to expand and being vegetarian this sounds alright

Where can you buy slim pasta.... Just went to woollies and couldnt remember the name and ended buying smart pasta which isnt much lower in calouries than normal pasta

Its in the health food aisle, not the pasta aisle :)

• Like 1

AND, San Remo pasta have an equivalent now, made from the same vegetable, Konjac or whatever it is, which you can now get in the regular pasta aisle with the other pastas.

They're calling it San Remo Slimmers Selection: http://sanremo.com.au/slimmers-selection/ 

• Like 1

Vetta Pasta - Smart Pasta is nice. I've tried to paste the link but site is being contrary.

• Like 1

I think i'm going to have some slim pasta tomorrow for dinner now :)

• Like 1

Both my dietitian and surgeon told me we are not to eat the slim foods because we are no longer dieting. 

I just eat the every day normal healthy foods and of course a lot less so why would we need the slim.diet foods.

Both my dietitian and surgeon told me we are not to eat the slim foods because we are no longer dieting.

I just eat the every day normal healthy foods and of course a lot less so why would we need the slim.diet foods.

That's fine for you. Some of us ARE still dieting. Until i reach a weight I'm happy with, and learn how to maintain it, I will always be "dieting" or watching my carb intake at the very least.

• Like 1

Me too.... At least until my inner fatty becomes skinny lol

Good point 2nd Chance, and I understand where you're coming from, but I like to keep my calories to an absolute minimum.

For the record, I've decided I don't like that pasta and I'm using strips of carrot (like spaghetti) instead of pasta now. That's gotta be healthier again with more veggy nutrients.

• Like 1