katygotmad

moving to Orange-help please

Hi guys

I have been banded just under 6 months and am failing miserably at it.I am moving to Orange in 2 weeks and need to find a new doc, psych and exercise physio so I can get on top of this.

Is there anyone can help or did someone want to meet up for coffee maybe?

Thanks in advance

Katygotmad

• Like 1

Hey Katygotmad

I remember seeing some posts about Orange in the NSW intros....

Your ticker says you've lost 11.4 kilos...that's two kilos a month. That's what I've been aiming for!! Well done you!

If you pass through Sydney be sure to look up some of the Sydneysiders...I'm sure at least one of us will be free for a coffee!

Where are you moving from??

S

Hello Katy,

I'd be asking you're surgeon for a referal to another surgeon in Orange, I'm sure my surgeon would help

if I asked and there networking capabilities would be outstanding compared to ours at Banding Together,

then again there is always Google.

I think you are being a little hard on yourself 475 grams a week is a perfect amount of weight loss for

someone who only has to lose 35kgs.

I only need to lose 60kgs and my goal is to lose 500 grams a week and hopefully I won't have any wobbly bits.

Cheers Owen

• Like 2

Thanks guys

I just forget how much I have lost as I pretty much lost it all pre op. I have lost and regained the same kilo and a half for the last 3 months. I am still ahead of the game so for that I am thankful.

I will get in touch with my doc actually, when I get a chance. As you can imagine its a bit hectic at present.

I am moving from Broken Hill neddy bear so Orange is like a bigger city for us LOL.

I had my surgery in Melbourne and have only been back to my surgeon once. I have seen a GP for fills etc in Mildura but it certainly wasnt ideal. There was no aftercare with them.

I do know I can blame no one but myself for what I put in my mouth, but I think I need a little more support than I have got so far, which is why I wondered if anyone had any recommendations.

Well done both of you for such an awsome achievement.

katygotmad

Wow, that will be quite a move! I love Orange. Am pretty sure there was a thread about a support group or catch up in Orange in the NSW Section. Here you go...it was 12 months ago but a starting point I'm sure. A few of the names still pop up from time to time!!

As for the plateau try to mix it up a bit? If you walk, go a different way, change what you eat for lunch or dinner. I play around with the last kilo of every 10 for a couple of weeks. Part of it for me is self sabotage but I find mixing it up is good, I went from walking the neighbourhood to riding a bike at the gym. Changed the flavours of dinner...went from having sauces to no sauces, added more lentils to my cooking to increase protein and fibre?? And I had to stop weighing myself for a while too!

Good luck with the move!

s

I've never heard of Orange before and this might sound crazy but do they grow oranges there.

• Like 1

No oranges- but they have beautiful cherries. Also have cool climate wines-some lovely rich reds.

• Like 1

Yeah the joke is that they grow apples in orange.its also known as apple city :-) only in Australia!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Thank you maree82. I will give him a call. I might try a couple of surgeons to see who fits. My surgeon is Melbourne based and when I spoke to the nurse the other day, she said they don't really know anyone in the area but she can give me a couple of names and I can check them out.

Katy

Thank you maree82. I will give him a call. I might try a couple of surgeons to see who fits. My surgeon is Melbourne based and when I spoke to the nurse the other day, she said they don't really know anyone in the area but she can give me a couple of names and I can check them out.

Katy

Katy, I'd love to know how you're going? I'm also moving from Broken Hill but to Bathurst and seeking a second opinion.. my surgeon is on the Central Coast but I can't see him until Feb due to moving and him taking 7 weeks leave so I'm looking for a surgeon in Orange!